• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When are we all finishing for Christmas ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    Finish Fri 21st, off for 2 weeks (enforced due to client shutdown)

The worst time of year to be off IMO
    Chan,

Chantho, you forgot your "Chan".

Tho.

Comment

I had every intention of taking 24th – 1st off but now the client says I am not allowed on site between those dates anyway, should I kick up a fuss and try and get compo for hours lost?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

My client is letting everyone take the 24th off.. but I am working it. And starting again on 27th. No family but the wife in the UK and its easy money over this time. work a very short day and still invoice.... sweet.

Comment

21st Dec - 2cnd Jan first decent amount of time off all year cant wait!!!
          cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

27 Dec - 7 Jan / despite lots of resistance. Resistance was less when I stated that I wanted to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
              Chan,

Chantho, you forgot your "Chan".

Tho.
              Thanks for the reminder. I have now moved the onus to the reader of the posts, as mentioned in my new sig. So far you are the first to take this option.
              If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Last day 21st. Haven't decided whether to pop in over Christmas - it's peaceful at the office, the roads and trains will be half-empty, and every little helps (tm).

Trouble is, I fancy a bit of golf in Whipsnade.

Comment

We've been TOLD that we can't have any days off due to a go live. They are muttering about weekends also. I can feel an extreme case of 'personal problems' coming on !

Comment

Client was insisting that I come in over holiday period as nobody
                    else in the team is around to provide support, but good old
                    Tfl managed to organise some repair works near liverpool street station,
                    which means the line I normally travel on will be closed.

So I'm finishing up on 21st dec and coming back on 2nd Jan..

Comment

We've gone live early so my screensaver has already kicked in, although I'll be sitting in front of it until the 21st - after all, every little helps(tm). Still don't know there's something to come back to after that - change of regime, new world order etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X