• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Data centre looted in multimillion pound overnight heist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    You wanna buy a server or two. nearly new, one careful lady owner
    I'll give you 86000 Ugandan dollars for each one!

Someones swipe card is still working then...

Can you imagine the "meetings" this event will generate on Monday morning. There's gonna be a fair few "thought grenades" thrown around, not to mention the finger pointing.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
      not to mention the finger pointing.
      "If you don't want to be counting the fingers you haven't got, I suggest you get those guns. Quick!"

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        I'll give you 86000 Ugandan dollars for each one!

Someones swipe card is still working then...

Can you imagine the "meetings" this event will generate on Monday morning. There's gonna be a fair few "thought grenades" thrown around, not to mention the finger pointing.
        I think the brass will turn up Monday, resignation letters in hand. before the shareholders call a witch hunt.

Ah well, I'm off to watch a movie now.

Later
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I'm off to watch a movie now.
          Enjoy your dirty movie
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/7338.cntns

I wonder who tipped off hicn.

<whistles>

my boss has said "I know you did it and I will prove it!"

just as well I know how to cover my tracks

Comment

I dont understand

Theyy seem to be at pains to stress that no sensitive data was lost.

Surely if $4m of pc hardware was stolen it must have contained some information on the HDD?
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Actually it just ocurred to me that whoever did that should have just targeted memory in servers - very small, very expensive and lots of it in high end servers. But then again £2 mln is a rather large amount even in memory chips, my final guess therefore is that lots of stuff was already stolen beforehand and this robbery was either arranged or just taken advantage off

Yours,

Sherlock

Comment

Inside job?

Comment

Apparently the stuff taken is worthless without the frame - the frame and memory go as a pair and are hand crafted.

I asked if we could take memory from another datacentre - but was told no. Cos its hand crafted.

Sounds like nonsense but thats the word in house.

Comment

What frame? In my servers memory chips just slot in just fine without frames (I think). The whole idea of hand crafting sounds a bit alien when talking about things made in mass manufacture.

Comment

Working...
                      X