• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion - Would the world be better off without it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BankingContractor View Post
    And then we tell our kids about the magical Tooth Fairy who leaves us money under the pillow.
    You mean it's not true?
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      You mean the real nutters are just in it for the prophet?
      That's f***ing good for a Friday afternoon!

Comment

Yes, it was almost a joke

Comment

If you have no religion then you create a void and humans need something to fill the void. Religion creates a belief system that seeks to rationalize life i.e it does make sense and we all have a purpose in the great scheme of things When in reality life is a meaningless concept, we are randomly born into this world, we do our best to enjoy it while not really understanding what it is about, if it is indeed about anything. You take this away and the weak minded get confused.

It's no coincidence that the decline of religion has coincided with the rise of the cult of celebrity the lifestyle 'religons', and the 'cult of me' .Idiots are the new idols and Heat magazine is the new altar.

Be it a choice between the celulite shocker of someone who once apeared on Z list celebrity love island dancing jungle and some stories with some moral virtue I'd rather have the later
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 November 2007, 15:11.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Be it a choice between the celulite shocker of someone who once apeared on Z list celebrity love island dancing jungle and some stories with some moral virtue I'd rather have the later
            Okay, I take it you don't like Z list celebrity love island dancing jungle and heat magazine, but they aren't the only choices!

Comment

I like religion. It keepsh me in whishky.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Does it even say that they are human?
                An eternity with 72 virgin Zeitghosts!!!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                X