• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Ian Smith

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    South Africa as a country is doing pretty well under black rule.
    Utter rubbish - do make sure you know what you're talking about before you type, Alexei.

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Discuss
    I agree with the late Mr Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Utter rubbish - do make sure you know what you're talking about before you type, Alexei.
      [url=https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sf.html]South Africa[/coutry] facts courtesy of CIA:

GDP - per capita (PPP): $13,300 (2006 est.)

Same for Russia (mainly white rule):

GDP - per capita (PPP): $12,200 (2006 est.

I'd say South Africa is doing pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        [url=https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sf.html]South Africa[/coutry] facts courtesy of CIA:

GDP - per capita (PPP): $13,300 (2006 est.)

Same for Russia (mainly white rule):

GDP - per capita (PPP): $12,200 (2006 est.

I'd say South Africa is doing pretty well.
        I couldn't give a toss(ed salad, mods) what the stats say - try going there, try speaking with clued up South Africans about their country. It may have improved in some ways on paper, but it's pretty flipping far from 'doing well'.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          I couldn't give a toss(ed salad, mods) what the stats say - try going there, try speaking with clued up South Africans about their country. It may have improved in some ways on paper, but it's pretty flipping far from 'doing well'.
          Hang on, I am not saying black rule in South Africa made country better, all I am saying things can be reasonably good under black rule, probably if they are smart enough not to antagonise remaining whites and use good stuff created by the whites.

The point here is simple - it is their country, and they are entitled to screw it up and themselves in any way they want. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Discuss
            I'm convinced that Zimbabwe would have been better under the rule of Mr Blobby over the past 10 years than Mugabe.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sorry when I lost the 25000 I went to the local next door with Mrs S. We know the owner and he and his wife are friends...
              Anyway heres my point of view: Ian Smith is just as much of a khunt as Mugabe.
              End of story. Now grow up.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ian Smith

Any country can do well as long as the western countries don't try to spread their influence and try to impose how things should be done.

whether zimbabwe would have done well with iam smith as leader is neither here not there. he might have declared udi but he got a lot of support from apatheid south africa and clandestinely from the western countries.
                fact is from the way the world order is skewed any country will be hard pressed to do well with out the evil western support. look at the asian countries, middle east et al.

although i will say that i admire smithy for his conviction and belief in his ideals which he stood by till his death.
                RIP - Ian Douglas Smith
                We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

PS I was born in Africa. I know of what I speak. Troll, you have no fecking idea.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Next ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

All hail.

sadguru has spoken.

Comment

Working...
                      X