• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Have you read the stuff you posted?

You're a tit of the first order.
    this is the guy who thinks that marines are tough because they do their proper job properly, but at the same time they aint tough because a couple of them, once upon a time, wouldn't jump out of a perfectly seviceable aeroplane.

a titt indeed

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      this is the guy who thinks that marines are tough because they do their proper job properly, but at the same time they aint tough because a couple of them, once upon a time, wouldn't jump out of a perfectly seviceable aeroplane.

a titt indeed

You two are related...or even married to each other....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I used to work with a Marine and can confirm that he was pretty tough - he was built like the outside lav
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          I used to work with a Marine and can confirm that he was pretty tough - he was built like the outside lav
          And probably just as bright...bit like Churchy (although I think he was a wannabe)...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Bit off topic but did anyone watch the prog about the 55year old who completed the Marines course... pretty impressive
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"And probably just as bright...bit like Churchy (although I think he was a wannabe)..."

No actually he wasn't. He moved from the Marines and taught himself enough to go contracting in IT. So I would say that puts him on a par with the rest of us. Last time I spoke to him he had gone permie and was managing the biggest support team for a FTSE listed comapny. So I guess he did ok.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                You two are related...or even married to each other....
                Well, that was mature.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Well, that was mature.
                  True though eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Bit off topic but did anyone watch the prog about the 55year old who completed the Marines course... pretty impressive
                    He didn't complete the 'Marines course' as in the 32 week training at CTC. He merely picked the bits that he wanted to do, as in a few of the Commando tests.

Any reasonably fit person can pass those on their day (and he had two attempts at a couple of them). The hard bit is gibbering your bollocks off on Woodbury Common for a week in January - this bit funnily enough he didn't attempt. He clearly was not robust enough to do more than a day at a time - he was falling apart on TV.

Fair enough for an old boy to do it as a TV spectacle - but it's not the miracle attempt that has since been claimed. /Rant

Comment

I can't believe nobody has raised a flag yet! no wonder this Country is going to pots
                      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                      X