• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goooaall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    No mention of a clear offside goal (the only one that they managed to score)?
    No, the match report doesn't mention this.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      No, the match report doesn't mention this.
      Ah ah it's funny how the press manipulates the flow of events. Italian press is now stating "Great football lesson given to Scotland, totally robbed by the referee" and you say that the scottish press is talking rubbish about the last goal (but even if it finished in a draw do you think Italy wouldn't win with Faroes islands?).

If you ask my opinion both teams did good but Italy was technically superior. However, they didn't even do their best as they should have closed the game as 3-0 instead of risking until the last minute. If I have to give more credit I would give it to Scotland because they did more out of what they could.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        If I have to give more credit I would give it to Scotland because they did more out of what they could.
        I bet 10 liras that you would not have been saying that if Scotland had won

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I bet 10 liras that you would not have been saying that if Scotland had won
          I am more fair-play than you might think. If Scotland won they would have deserved to go through and the only ones to be blamed would be the italians (and the referee who doesn't understand offsides, of course )
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I've got to admit that the eye-ties had a good goal disallowed as well.

Losing was the jocks' own fault really, they spurned two glorious chances in the last ten minutes while it was 1-1.

BTW does anyone else like the word "spurn"?

Comment

My 2p worth. I was, and indeed still am, fuming about the shocking decision that led to the Italian winner. If anybody was fouled then it was clearly the Scottish defender Hutton. That said, I don't think the italian "goal" that was disallowed was any more offside than the one we scored. There was also a handball offence by Zambrotta which I have seen given in the past which the ref failed to spot. Overall I feel a draw would have been a fair result, which would have meant that the Frogs would have needed to take something from their away match in Ukraine this wednesday. I feel they probably would have managed that mind you, but at least it would have taken it down to the wire.
              Still, we amassed 4 more points in this campaign than I envisaged us getting and ran the 2 world cup finalists very close, so we have made good progress with a fairly young team, (if we exclude 1 or 2 players). We will now be in Pot 2 of the World Cup qualifiers as opposed to Pot 4 this time round, so the future looks bright.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The Jocks surprised me in the second half by how well they played. Down here in England we don't see Jocks at the sharp end of the league any more, so we assume that they are all second rate. Of course, there weren't any Bremners, Baxters or Dalglishes out there, but neither was there a Frank Haffey, Ian Ure, or Ali McLeod!

It comes to something when the best keeper in Britain is Scottish.

Comment

The Scots have been fashioned into a real team. We're still waiting for that to happen down south. Although there have been signs in the last few games (Moscow apart).
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    It comes to something when the best keeper in Britain is Scottish.

Only if you don't include the Polish ones!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Only if you don't include the Polish ones!!
                      Please - don't mention Polish goalies!

Comment

Working...
                      X