• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The world has gone mad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I typed /played on my character last night....72 days total play time in the course of a year. And I only manage 6 hours each weekday night, and 14 hr on Saturday and 14 hrs on Sunday. I'm more a casual player than many."

Bloody hell! Looking at it this way

In 365 days there are 8760 hours

If you sleep for say 8 per night then that means you have 5840 wking hours

If you work for 46 weeks of the year doing 8 hours a day then you have 4000 available hours

Assuming your commute and lunch take a total of 2 hours per day, you have 3540 hours left.

Now assuming your 72 days is just the total hours you have spent on the game, then you have spent 72*24 playing, or 1728 hours in a year. That amounts to 48.8% of you non work related waking hours.

Based on the above I would stongly suggest that you start going out more! You are doing the nerdy grown up version of playing with dolls.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I typed /played on my character last night....72 days total play time in the course of a year. And I only manage 6 hours each weekday night, and 14 hr on Saturday and 14 hrs on Sunday. I'm more a casual player than many.
      Arent you concerned you have an addiction? Serious question.

Comment

Bloody hell, BGG. There's a real world out there.

I suppose it's one way of halting the population explosion though...

Comment

Yes I admit it's a lot of hours, but then again it's a cheap form of entertainment. Going out costs £££, be it a nice meal, cinema, whatever.

Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it.

The rest of the time we play WOW (yes Mrs BGG also plays every night as well). It certainly saves the pennies.

Sure, if I had more disposable income, I might be inclined to go out more often, though in the past, when I had better paying jobs, we tended to stay in anyway. Going out for the sake of it bores me senseless and I can't be bothered tbh. Different strokes and all that.

There's bu66er all to do round here in Essex that is goth/alternative friendly anway (apart from our club once a month). No shops, no regular clubs, it's all in London and that's 45 mins each way and £15 each before you even get started.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Yes I admit it's a lot of hours, but then again it's a cheap form of entertainment. Going out costs £££, be it a nice meal, cinema, whatever.

Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it.

The rest of the time we play WOW (yes Mrs BGG also plays every night as well). It certainly saves the pennies.

Sure, if I had more disposable income, I might be inclined to go out more often, though in the past, when I had better paying jobs, we tended to stay in anyway. Going out for the sake of it bores me senseless and I can't be bothered tbh. Different strokes and all that.

There's bu66er all to do round here in Essex that is goth/alternative friendly anway (apart from our club once a month). No shops, no regular clubs, it's all in London and that's 45 mins each way and £15 each before you even get started.
            http://www.baseacid.com/imagesRR/images_big/cheerUp.png

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends,
              I have an imaginary friend and he keeps telling me to get a life.....
              Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

LOL DP !

That made my day !

I might wear it to the club next month !

(And no..I won't get beaten up...us goths don't take ourselves too seriously...I mean, when you wear eyeliner and makeup and nail varnish, you have to have a sense of humour :-)
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

No problem, after all, Goths are people too.

Comment

"Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it."

You have your own club. Wow. Why do Goths want to look like Pandas? I never really got that one.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it."

You have your own club. Wow.

That must look like Pandas partying.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X