• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3 players

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I planned to get separate Sony earphones anyway.

Generally I dislike Sony for too much prioriatory crap that forced you to use their sync software to convert MP3s to their own format, but I think it may have changed since then (few years ago), though bad taste is still in my mouth from Sony's crappy software.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I planned to get separate Sony earphones anyway.

Generally I dislike Sony for too much prioriatory carp that forced you to use their sync software to convert MP3s to their own format, but I think it may have changed since then (few years ago), though bad taste is still in my mouth from Sony's carppy software.
      Software's OK now - been rewritten and no longer encourages you to chew the edge of your desk.

I'm not sure the headphones will be transferrable though - mine have a little lump on the plug which prevents them fitting into an iPOD - cunning!
      35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
      (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Software's OK now - been rewritten and no longer encourages you to chew the edge of your desk.

I'm not sure the headphones will be transferrable though - mine have a little lump on the plug which prevents them fitting into an iPOD - cunning!
        I buy standard connector headphones - I don't like cheap standard ones they usually sell. It seems like iPod 8 GB nano has got the edge, and price seems okay.

Comment

I think IPods are overrated. There's no radio, voice recorder and there are others on the market that have both, for a lot less money too.

I've got one of those Samsung black shiney MP3s, with a slide up mini speaker. It's a bit chunky but the sound with earplugs and speaker is good quality, with a variety of sound settings to boost base, voice and even an orchestral setting. Plus there's the option of radio and voicerecorder if I ever need it. It's nice to be able to use the speaker too, which is useful if I am in a reasonably confined space where the sound can carry and don't want to wear earplugs or lug around spare speakers. I've got some good Bose mini earplugs too which really boost the sound quality during private listening.

On the downside, you can't see the touchscreen controls in bright sunlight. The green digital controls only shows up properly in dim light.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I think IPods are overrated. There's no radio, voice recorder and there are others on the market that have both, for a lot less money too.

I've got one of those Samsung black shiney MP3s, with a slide up mini speaker. It's a bit chunky but the sound with earplugs and speaker is good quality, with a variety of sound settings to boost base, voice and even an orchestral setting. Plus there's the option of radio and voicerecorder if I ever need it. It's nice to be able to use the speaker too, which is useful if I am in a reasonably confined space where the sound can carry and don't want to wear earplugs or lug around spare speakers. I've got some good Bose mini earplugs too which really boost the sound quality during private listening.

On the downside, you can't see the touchscreen controls in bright sunlight. The green digital controls only shows up properly in dim light.

Yeah...a voice recorder comes in handy...??????????????
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

They now sell 2 versions of their players IIRC, one that still uses Sonic Stage and one that can be used with Windows Media Player or simple drag and drop

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Yeah...a voice recorder comes in handy...??????????????
                Recording from the radio would be handy though, can any of them do that?

Comment

A voice recorder would be useful for AtW to record his last musings of SKA before he met a horrific fiery oblivion while the plane's fuselage turns into twisty metal confetti around him, as it smashes into another plane/a tall building/a Scottish town/a runway/the trees at the end of the runway/a german hotel*

However - I feel we're missing the main point here - what would he be listening to? I suggest anything by the bands Freefall and Dismember.

* Delete as appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    A voice recorder would be useful for AtW to record his last musings of SKA before he met a horrific fiery oblivion while the plane's fuselage turns into twisty metal confetti around him, as it smashes into another plane/a tall building/a Scottish town/a runway/the trees at the end of the runway/a german hotel*
                    I will be shouting so loudly for you that it will be kept on record on the built-in black boxes in the airplane, they are fire proof

Comment

Working...
                    X