• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does the England of 10 years ago

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    In my radical student days I had a pic of Keith Joseph ( anyone rem him ? ) with a noose around his neck on my wall. I think he was threatening to take our beer money, sorry grant, away.
    Keith Joseph? You must be almost as old as me.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Keith Joseph? You must be almost as old as me.
      I had to think hard to remember his name, he must of been Education Secretary or Maggies general hatchetman 85ish I'd guess !?

Comment

he must of been Education Secretary
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

10 years ago? Hoddle was in charge of the footy, the cricket team were sinking to the bottom of the test rankings under Lloyd and Atherton, and the rugger buggers were two years away from summary execution by Jannie de Beer.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            ??

Comment

I had to think hard to remember his name, he must of been Education Secretary or Maggies general hatchetman 85ish I'd guess !?
              SB is quite correct.

"must've" or "must have"

Comment

"Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies, in a box on Beasley Street"

JCC
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  SB is quite correct.

"must've" or "must have"
                  OK. Maggies general hatchetman ?

Comment

In my radical student days I had a pic of Keith Joseph ( anyone rem him ? ) with a noose around his neck on my wall. I think he was threatening to take our beer money, sorry grant, away.
                    He had some ridiculous idea of giving out education vouchers that would enable everyone no matter how rich or poor to exercise choice about where they could send their children to school.

We all know that the public cannot be trusted with such power. Power as we know is far better managed by the state.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      We all know that the public cannot be trusted with such power. Power as we know is far better managed by the state.
                      Have you started working for the "Ministry"?

Comment

Working...
                      X