• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desparately seeking plan B...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Jog On, is there a way to leverage this easily (or with additional capital investment) in order to increase the amount it returns?
    It depends on how what angle you go from, some people do affiliate marketing (selling other people's products for a commission), some people make their own e-products to sell (ebooks, software products), some people do clevcer things with ebay, some people do Google adsense (google awords ads on your site/blog that pay you every time a visitor clicks on them).

I've learnt that the most effective way to leverage is to build a list of opt in subscribers and market to them periodically, the larger the list and the more responsive the list the more money you make per offer you send out to them.

It's quite a large subject - PM me if you want to know more
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Plan C anyone
      It might be something involving a bank, ski masks, a shooter and a getaway vehicle.

Though I'd steer clear of Barclays, for obvious reasons.

(Disclaimer : In no way am I advocating robbing a bank. Particularly Barclays. Because they're brassic. And um, yeah, robbing banks is wrong.)
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I am going for the 'bury my head in the sand and ignore the hell in handbasket scenario' ... working so far.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India.
          Interesting that. I thought the same when I was there, but I was told at the time, that the Indian government won't allow foreigners to invest in property,
          unless it's done via a company or something, and even that avenue will soon be closed apparently. Do you know any different?
          Last edited by Pinto; 9 November 2007, 13:52. Reason: to quickly correct spelling

Comment

The danger is that India close the loophole and sieze the property in the name of "fairness". The Indian people will support such a move and you will lose everything.

You have been warned.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              The danger is that India close the loophole and sieze the property in the name of "fairness". The Indian people will support such a move and you will lose everything.
              Retrospective change in legislation? Never!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You have been warned.
                Hey! It's only fair!

Comment

Working...
                X