• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone here worked for Logica CMG?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I did a stint there and much of what is said above sounds about right.
    Pay is not great, and in a short period of time quite a few people including myself resigned to go contracting, and they are left with the dross who accept even lower wages than the people that left were on.
    They are (were) big on outsourcing, so if you're in one of those positions you could be based somewhere for years rather than flitting around as in a consultancy.
    To be honest they are no better, or worse, than many other companies of their type.

I was never "on the bench" but heard of people doing naff all for months, although with their share price heading down maybe they will tighten up on that sort of thing. They seemed to be moving to outsourcing their outsourcing to India whenever they could get away with it, or doing it through the backdoor by bringing people in on work permits who can stay with their cousins in an attic in Bethnal Green or whatever.
    The old "ring someone in India to get the bloke who sits 20 feet away from you to fix the printer" always amused me.

I got some PM training and certification out of them, but with hindsight I'd rather have left sooner and paid for my own. You live and learn.
    Last edited by GreenerGrass; 7 November 2007, 20:21.

Comment

Don't do it. My brother is a permie manager there and their idea of contractors is very definitely bum on seat, fixed term, low rate, long hours.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        flip it... I may just forget the idea and work to old ethos that if I'm only contracting for half the year I'll still be better off than a permie!
        It is the only ethos. Permie support work on carp money sounds like a pretty carp idea to me.

Comment

Working...
        X