• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am Leaving CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Then again, I didn't see any naughty pics in test please delete when images were still allowed...
    Yeah right. And I am Bagpuss .
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have already replied to several PMs about this so here is my perception.

Any racist behaviour on the boards is treated far more harshly than a bit of swearing. Any racist comments are dealt with immediately and if a comment is racist then the poster would be banned immediately too.

Swearing is a completely different matter. This is a public board and makes CUK and contractors in general look bad so we clamped down on it. It is possible to talk without cussing all the time and we have simply helped you to do this.

Likewise for smut and innuendo, a little here and there is fine but it was becoming constant so we had to be firm with a few people.

I have honestly never seen any racist posting on here. If you do see it then report it to the mods and admins and it will be dealt with.

I simply cannot abide racism in any way and any racist posting would be reported to the authorities as IP information on this board is logged and we would do our utmost to prove who had made any racist comments.

To talk about European immigration is simply discussing a topical news story. Have the government messed up by allowing too many Eastern Europeans in? Are the helping to push up house prices and taking away jobs from UK citizens? This is not racist.

I have searched through a load of posts about immigration and Islam etc (another waste of my time, just like deleting swearing) and I have found no racist posts.

I sincerely hope you cannot prove me wrong.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        Examples?
        mrdonuts is normally a good example.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/mrdonuts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          Thing to remember is that most of us use these boards to say things that they wouldn't dare in real life, face to face.

Everything I've ever said to Sandy I would say to her face (especially about the "Ramadan when you're not a Muslim" thing).

It doesn't make me a racist to think she's an idiot by dipping in and out of religion when she feels like it.
          Last edited by Moscow Mule; 31 October 2007, 15:22.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Guys ... just had to go to a bloody progress meeting..

was playing with ya all

Just having laaarf

sorry

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              Guys ... just had to go to a bloody progress meeting..

was playing with ya all

Just having laaarf

sorry
              That's cruel! some of us cried.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                That's cruel! some of us cried.
                Yes. Losing the fantasy of what's underneath the burqa would be extreme mental cruelty.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

oh sorry Mods - just read your post... some of what I said is true, like others get offended when I complain about English people and their snobbery I also get offended every time they have these foreigner/immigrants thread.

Anyway it was just a joke, been on this board for 5 years not willing to leave because of some of them tossers who shall remain unnamed...

oh changed my mind will name ...

oh wait I changed my mind again I wont name them cuz that would give them the attention they've been craving

Comment

My sides are splitting. At least PM me if you are not being serious, another half an hour wasted and I have a new server I could have been playing with too
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Fair enough Sandy, I can see the funny side really

Pleased you are not leaving
                      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                      X