• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fillet Steaks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dante View Post
    Or get a George Formby grill. It's like a George Foreman but plays a ******* annoying tune whilst warming up.
    How dare you insult George Formby !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      How dare you insult George Formby !
      He should be beheaded. Sandy, are you up to the job as our representative of peace?

Comment

Surely do to the low fat content it would be a bit bland on it's own wouldn't it?

How about a bit of red wine juis to add flavour

Comment

Simply walk the cow past the cooker on route to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            He should be beheaded. Sandy, are you up to the job as our representative of peace?
            Ooooooh mother !

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

LB - my fillets are very thick. And I have a griddle. Will they burn on the outside before the middle is warmed? (I like mine medium well and MR SA likes his medium rare!)

And of course they will be served with loads of fresh veg.

I got them from the butchers too - beautiful fresh meat. I saw him cut the meat off for me!! Yum!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                Good tips LB!
                Happy to be of service.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  What's the best/healthiest way of cooking them?

(This is basically for Sandy and LB, but others feel free to answer.)

And it's fillet steak, so yes it is of general interest to contractors
                  So why not PM them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
                    An afterthought: if anyone does like steak well done, pop a ladle of beef stock into the pan to stop it drying out.
                    This is a good tip. Certain members of my family insist on well done (I too like blue) but then whine when it's too dry.

If you can't get to a good butchers, CostCo steak is quite good. Thick.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zorba;328663]CostCo steak{/QUOTE]

Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X