• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia N95 or which phone ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry mate, busy day, lots of tapes 2 change

to those who gave feedback, thanks, ok Nokia N95 it is

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      come on gadget freeks, I need some input on this

Milan.

freaks
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

N95 for president

I have one and it's the dogs bollox (can you say that?). It synchronises really nicely with Outlook, the buttons are small but they are very tactile with a nice click so I like them, the music played is good, takes those tiny memory cards, web surfing is fast enough, auto email sync and so on...

There are some issues:
        1-> although it's light and small, it is quite thick - so not an ideal shirt pocket sort of phone (unless you balance it out with a prosthetic breast on the other side perhaps)
        2-> Straight out of the box six months ago, it had some firmware issues - there is a download for this now though - just haven't got round to loading it. (it sometimes restarts in the middle of a call which can be handy if it's an difficult call)
        3-> Camera is excellent but image capture is slow. Again, I think there's a download for that but I haven't bothered because I'm quite slow as well.

Haven't used the modem yet but I imagine it would be excellent - the Nokia suite that it comes with is nice for backing up, syncing data with your PC etc and there are some other bits of software I haven't looked at on there.

I reckon I would buy it again if I had the choice - as long as the firmware fix works that is - but I know someone who has loaded the fix and he reckoned it worked.
        35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
        (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

Oh and there's more...

The sat nav does work but that's a bit slow too. It takes a while to get a GPS fix. Once it's got that, it's not too bad - it can get you out of a spot if you get lost somewhere.

Got a little web cam built in also

And mine has a small sticker on it that my daughter put there - that's a special feature which yours won't have
          35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
          (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

Nice phone, lots of features, photo capture is slow as previously said though and mine struggles to focus in low light / contrast conditions.

Despite the extra 3Mp I don't reckon the image quality is as good as my old K750i.

WiFi is useful.

The fact that all images in memory get shown in the gallery rather than having a proper directory tree is a pain (even if you file images in folders they still all show up).

Eats battery.

In summary, nice phone - could be really excellent with a few detail enhancements.
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

N95

that's my phone. I'm not a gadget expert but I think it's great. Only little problem is the speed it runs down its battery, but since you just want to give a flash present I'd definitely recommend it.

Comment

i'm without a doubt a gadget guy and have just gone and got a HTC Kaiser/Vario III and it's FANTASTIC.

It has Windows Mobile 6, Tomtom Navigator 6, 3meg camera, very very fast internet, touch screen, full QWERTY keyboard, 3g/Bluetooth/wireless/modem connectability, battery lasts for hours, Office Mobile (Word, excel, powerpoint, outlook), Windows Live (i.e live messenger, live search)

Overall i'm very impressed and it while's away the commute without trouble.

Highly recommended.

EDIT: would've replied earlier but i was busy messing around with said new toy.. i mean "busy working"
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I am currently torn between an iPhone and a HTC Kaiser.

In my head I know the HTC is the better phone, it does more and is not crippled by Apples rules. But I know the iPhone is damn cool, they have done a fantastic job on the user interface, the multi-touch thing is a killer feature IMHO.

I will probably end up getting the HTC as I like my car-kits and there is no THB Bury cradle for the iPhone, and the HTC is the better phone.
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

The iPhone will be worth buying in about 3 generations when there are loads of better-specced, cheaper clones and Apple finally do a U-turn about all the things they left out (which they claim we don't want or need).

In fact it will be just like what they did (with colour screen, video etc) on the original iPod...

I'm seriously tempted by the Vario III but I used to have the original TyTn and I didn't get on with it. It was a bit too heavy, you had to use the stylus, the WiFi was terrible and of course there were the screen problems.

Have these issues all gone in the new one? Also what's the deal with the Sat Nav software? Is it an extra? One review said it came with TomTom.
                    Last edited by gadgetman; 31 October 2007, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
                      I'm seriously tempted by the Vario III but I used to have the original TyTn and I didn't get on with it. It was a bit too heavy, you had to use the stylus, the WiFi was terrible and of course there were the screen problems.

I currently have the original TyTn in it's Vario II guise and I don't have any problems with the screen, nor do I find I need to use the sylus, most of the time I use the DPad.

Comment

Working...
                      X