• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news - Loads more immigrants!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Guys I don't suppose these posts shows any intolerance of any kind eh? I was told that English people are very very tolerant of foreigners... in fact LG said England is the best country in the world for tolerance... don't disappoint him please
    Have to say that in my travels I've found England really is the most tolerant country in the world.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Just wait until Turkey joins the EU, then you really will have something to bitch about. About 10 million Kurds (BBC News categorisation: "good foreigners, due to them being persecuted, anyone who is persecuted is always 100% good, like poor Somalis") will be loading up their donkeys and heading over.
      They don't even have basic plumbing or brick laying skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        The thing about being tolerant is that sometimes you just,

SNAP!
        Aaaaah, I see what you mean now, so England is very very very tolerant country... well except when its not !!

Comment

Aaaaah, I see what you mean now, so England is very very very tolerant country... well except when its not !!

OK, why haven't you moved to Saudi yet? Surely it is the Islamic utopia?

Comment

Guys I don't suppose these posts shows any intolerance of any kind eh? I was told that English people are very very tolerant of foreigners... in fact LG said England is the best country in the world for tolerance... don't disappoint him please
            There are limits. If you dont agree then tell me another country that is more tolerant than the UK (Thats UK Sandy, all of it, not just England).
            We simply can not afford to keep being so generous.
            It is not a lack of tolerance.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Sandy. I don't think it is an issue of tolerance. I have no objection to any EU citizen moving anywhere and working if the rules are applied consistently. If this were the case, there simply wouldn't have been the disproportianate social strain put on a few countries (and the corresponding beneift to businesses reliant on cheap labour would have been less I suppose.)

I rely on the same legislation to live where I do but sometimes I can't see what the point of the whole eu structure.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                OK, why haven't you moved to Saudi yet? Surely it is the Islamic utopia?
                oooooh careful there mate, you are not showing your infamous English tolerance ...

btw: don't remember ever saying I wanted to move to Saudi, all I said is I'd like to try a contract in Dubai, so all of you started showing unbelievable intolerance and attacking me as if I said Jehovah’s name in vain

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  There are limits. If you dont agree then tell me another country that is more tolerant than the UK (Thats UK Sandy, all of it, not just England).
                  We simply can not afford to keep being so generous.
                  It is not a lack of tolerance.

I've always said England, not the UK you started saying the UK, I always maintained it was England am talking about, I've always love the Scots and the Irish and hmmm some of the Welsh but don't know that many

Anyhow, what you are saying here is the English are very very tolerant, but they are not generous with their tolerance??

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Yes and no. We were the only country that didn't apply restrictions to eastern Europeans working here after they joined the EU. Because only 13,000 would come.
                    Us and Ireland.
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Anyhow, what you are saying here is the English are very very tolerant, but they are not generous with their tolerance??
                      2000 years and counting is pretty generous in my book. Just how much do we have to give before you will accept that we are tolerant and generous with it?
                      As I asked show me another nation that is more tolerant.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X