• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

in demand certs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adulion View Post
    im 21.. failed the scjp exam once before.. doing it again next thursday... will pass it this time. then the scwcd... then probably the oracle sql/pl ones

i just wanna know if im on the right track... please
    No, you are not. You are just accumulating a lot of theoretical knowledge which you will forget at the end of the month. Get knowledge of something (which might start with a cert) and start digging on it doing some proper work (even if not commercial). Scratching the surface of everything will not impress anyone.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

troll - that was funny! dunno why it got deleted..

Comment

well i flunked out of a degree course when i was 19 and have been working a minimum wage job for the past 2 years. I dont want to go back to do a degree but want to get my foot in the door of the IT industry. Its better than working for £5.55 an hour no matter what you guys think.

i was told if i fail the scjp, go down the mcse networking and admin route. i do prefer programming though.

i never done o level english, i failed gcse english first time round but passed with a "c" second time

Comment

Working...
        X