• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Ask Beaker" thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaker View Post
    El Duder has been banned from this place. He's taken his wild sexual fantasies elsewhere.
    Last I heard he decided to become a monk.

Comment

Beaker, I'm thinking of investing in BTL. Where is a good place to buy? I was thinking of apartments in city centres, apparently they're all the rage.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Beaker, I'm thinking of investing in BTL. Where is a good place to buy? I was thinking of apartments in city centres, apparently they're all the rage.
        Ulan Bator, Mongolia is the latest hot spot. You can buy a nice yurt there and rent it to nomadic herdsmen for 1200 tögrögs a month.
        Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Also, there's a rattle in my car coming from somewhere near the passenger seatbelt mounting on the door pillar. I've tried whacking the trim really hard and this hasn't resolved the problem. What should be my next step?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Also, there's a rattle in my car coming from somewhere near the passenger seatbelt mounting on the door pillar. I've tried whacking the trim really hard and this hasn't resolved the problem. What should be my next step?
            I've found buying a new car usually fixes the problem

Comment

My car doesn't start easily in the morning.

I spoke to a mechanic friend for some advice and he said "crap in the fuel intake".

Is this a wise move?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                My car doesn't start easily in the morning.

I spoke to a mechanic friend for some advice and he said "crap in the fuel intake".

Is this a wise move?
                It's worth a try

Comment

Is this thread merely a ruse to up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                    El Duder has been banned from this place. He's taken his wild sexual fantasies elsewhere. Some people say that he lives on using another name. But that is the stuff of legends
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I see that Beaker is very wise. Ask your questions here.
                      So, Beaker, prove that God exists ....
                      Can I have a go?

(1) God, existent or not, can be conceived of.
                      (2) God, as conceived, is perfect, regardless of whether He exists or not.
                      (3) A thing that is perfect cannot be deficient in any way.
                      (4) Non-existence is a deficiency: therefore a thing that is perfect must exist.
                      (5) Therefore God exists.
                      Last edited by thunderlizard; 7 December 2007, 23:43. Reason: I split (3) into (3) and (4) & ended up with two (4)'s

Comment

Working...
                      X