• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advanced Calculus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Tell me what level of "basic" you are good at. Doing a OU Degree with calculus included and the majority of the course materials could be liberated as pdfs.
    I have A-level pure maths (albeit more than 20 years ago). I don't need to be an expert, just get the concepts fast.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ok, I'll see what I can dig up.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I have A-level pure maths (albeit more than 20 years ago). I don't need to be an expert, just get the concepts fast.
        Probably worth more than the degree nowadays...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Not so long ago you had a degree in Maths. Another Forum bullsheet bubble is busted.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Not so long ago you had a degree in Maths. Another Forum bullsheet bubble is busted.
            Of course the maths degree may not have involved calculus. Could have been a statistics degree.

Comment

When did statistics become maths?

CDG

K

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Of course the maths degree may not have involved calculus. Could have been a statistics degree.
                Some nice calculus in stats: continuous variables ...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How is it not Maths?

Have a look at some Statistical Inference and tell me it's not Maths
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

How is it not Maths?

Just a bit of stirring

The maths and stats departments at my university were quite separate. One was in the science building the other in the commerce building. Lots of handbags at dawn moments with lecturers.

K

Comment

How is it not Maths?

I think the implication was that a statistics degree would not necessarily cover the in depth pure mathematics that SAS seems to be after.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X