• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Improvement Books ,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Yeah with things like youtube who has time to read books these days ?
    Absoloutely!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

oh good lord. not again.

Comment

Or this: LINKY
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          STOP. NOW.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Another one that I ve been hearing all over the place is the “4 hours Work Week”
            Last week I must have put in a good 3 hours solid work. Not sure if I can stretch to 4 hours though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Buy a copy of Razzle... you will, soon, feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                "The Daleks are out there, the Daleks are coming and people in bungalows and ground-floor flats should be especially wary"

That's why ground floor flats are cheaper.
                It is a myth that Daleks can't go upstairs now.....they CAN fly so even those in penthouses aren't safe any more.

Blame my fiancee for the above - he's the Dr Who nerd not me! - honest
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  It is a myth that Daleks can't go upstairs now.....they CAN fly so even those in penthouses aren't safe any more.

Blame my fiancee for the above - he's the Dr Who nerd not me! - honest
                  Yes - RTD said that it was a bit strange that they could travel through time and space, but were foiled by stairs.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme View Post
                    As self help guides go, this book truly transformed my life. Cannot recommend highly enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dalek-Surviv...3091873&sr=8-1
                    I've got that - that's why you'll never get me
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Well , after having spent about a decade reading technical books only , I decided to find something other to read. I was browsing amazon for self-improvement books ( biz , productivity related ) – ones that make you better. Frankly there are thousands, it is almost like everybody has written one. One that cought my attention was “Meditation for dummies” lol . Might give it a try ( at least I will have a laugh )

Another one that I ve been hearing all over the place is the “4 hours Work Week”

Anyone ?
                      There are so many books in this catagory it is really a minefield but there are some really good diamonds in the rough if you research the area enough. What areas are you specifically interested in?

I swapped techie learning for entrepreneurial/self improvement books about a year and a half ago and have been reading solidly since.

The 4 hour work week is an excellent book with practical advice on how to start living that kind of life. There are a ton of others but it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. It's also very important that you act on what you learn though.

I'm reading "The E-myth Revisited" at the moment which is a self improvement book with very practical advice on building a small business. After that I have lined up "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. I've just finished my 4th Robert Kiyosaki book and have read tons of business/entrepreneur/law of attraction/self improvement books.

What are you looking to achieve from this change of direction?
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X