• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Hiddink mocks England's tactics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's all down to the cold, hard cash in the end.
    And he's probably egotistical enough to think he can succeed.
    You might be right, but he's already rich, has rich clubs queueing up for him behind the scenes, and he must know that managing England is a no-win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      He is not stupid - to have disaster while being English coach will put him out of top jobs elsewhere, which is why he won't take any of the national teams while he can milk clubs for years to come.
      I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either. He'd be at least as good as Sven. Getting England to a quarter or semi of a major competition counts as success in this context, when we can't even qualify.
      And his private life seems solid too so no grist for the mill there.
      I'd like him to give it a shot.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        He is not stupid - to have disaster while being English coach will put him out of top jobs elsewhere, which is why he won't take any of the national teams while he can milk clubs for years to come.
        Wouldn't say that - Sven is at Man City now.

Oh.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Jose has already came out and stated that the only national team he'd coach is Portugal.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either. He'd be at least as good as Sven. Getting England to a quarter or semi of a major competition counts as success in this context, when we can't even qualify.
            And his private life seems solid too so no grist for the mill there.
            I'd like him to give it a shot.
            There is no way he would take the England job.

I think I said this somewhere on here before, but he won't have control of his players, their coaching, their tactics, their playing/resting, or anything else for ten or eleven months of the year. That goes completely against the modus operandi that made him successful.

We could employ him as PR guru though!

Comment

I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either.
              For England and for Jose it is a disaster not to hit the top score - if he went out in quater final or even in semi final that would still be a bummer for England, he simply does not need this crap especially given that in reality "management" of England's team is limited to a handful of days before actual matches - I am not suprised that players play crap - this is because they rarely play with each other.

Comment

Sorry guys you're both wrong. He wants it.

"Observer Sport first revealed the Portuguese's interest in taking on the post on 23 September, four days after his departure from Chelsea. Though Mourinho has been the victim of prurient tabloid interest in his personal life since then, his interest in managing England has not diminished. 'Nothing has changed,' said a source close to Mourinho yesterday. 'If something happened to McClaren and the FA invited Jose to do the job he would be very interested in taking it on. It is a real possibility."

The Sun said roughly the same thing. And a PR mate of mine reckons this is how things are done. If he didn't want it, he would have made an official announcement denying the press reports.
                There is a lot of activity behind the scenes. You heard it here first.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

If that is true, he is mad.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    If that is true, he is mad.
                    Actually you're right.
                    He made the statement yesterday:
                    http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/...815248,00.html

Not enough wonga offered, then
                    Unless it's just a negotiation ploy.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Actually you're right.
                      He made the statement yesterday:
                      http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/...815248,00.html

Not enough wonga offered, then
                      Unless it's just a negotiation ploy.
                      Originally posted by Jose Mourinho
                      I think there are those who adore me in England.
                      Modest as ever.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X