• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Don't forget the Cray...
    Yeah, someone phoned up wanting an account a few weeks ago.

Fine, says I, but first I need several hundred thousand kroner for the lecky bill just to switch it on.

Upon which they lost interest.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

According to fiddle, threaded should also be credited with:

Showing Einstein how to do maths
      Inventing Radio
      Valour during WW2
      Winning World Surfing Championships
      Invention of Time Machine

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Yeah, someone phoned up wanting an account a few weeks ago.

Fine, says I, but first I need several hundred thousand kroner for the lecky bill just to switch it on.

Upon which they lost interest.

You get the idea now, Clippy?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          If it were the old board you could search it.
          Nah, tried that - didn't come up with much:

http://p201.ezboard.com/General/fcukfrm1

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
            Well, ok, of course it's a forum on the internet so the basic premise is that men are men, women are men and it's all b*llsh*t. Only thing is that some of us have actually worked together so you do need to be a bit careful who you 'banter' with!
            Oh dear, frightened of saying something on a fora that you wouldn't say to their face.

Most here have all worked with each other one time or the other. Even if they deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You get the idea now, Clippy?
              Ha, ha - I see a pattern (Walter Mitty'esque one) emerging!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Ha, ha - I see a pattern (Walter Mitty'esque one) emerging!
                Ah ha, he's quick this one.

Comment

Oh dear, frightened of saying something on a fora that you wouldn't say to their face.

Most here have all worked with each other one time or the other. Even if they deny it.
                  You'd be surprised the kind of nonsense people hurl at each other through the anonymity of the internet, followed by the shame at a real-life encounter!

People are still people, and have feelings that can be hurt. Or might be bigger and considerably more keen on violence than you. Whatever the case, tread carefully if your mouth is bigger than your brain!

Comment

MR T please tell them about your contributions to major scientific understanding, just to shut them up
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Ah ha, he's quick this one.
                      Don't worry Threaded, I still believe everything you say.

(Quickly crossses fingers)

Comment

Working...
                      X