• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central Heating Cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't British Gas do a one off fix your boiler for circa £150?

Other than that, if something goes wrong it can only be the circuit board or the pump. Seems very expensive to pay £300 pa when a new boiler isn't much more than that
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Why not just put £230 away every year and self cover, the same goes for extended warranties on cars and electrical goods, the chances are that not everything will go wrong and you'll be quids in.

Honda wanted over £700 for a 2 year extended warrenty, a Honda mechanic told me that would a a complete waste as it's unlikely to go wrong.
      Well I want an annual service as well and as we have a baby girl and winter is coming up I would want someone to come round ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Other than that, if something goes wrong it can only be the circuit board or the pump. Seems very expensive to pay £300 pa when a new boiler isn't much more than that
        A new boiler ain't £300 in London
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Boiler cover with Cover heat is £150 pa and that includes an annual service

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
            I think I might try them out and see what they're like. Will probably ring BG first and ask them if they can price match. I bet you can't guess what they're answer will be?
            Have a look on MoneySavingExpert and see what their advice is (it's blocked from here, otherwise I'd see what they say).

I think that their recommendation is to put the cash away and then spend it when or if you need to. They may also have some comparison sites to look at, which is worthwhile.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

How small is your bedsit if you can get a boiler for £300 to heat it???
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Baggy has no idea. He shares his mum's spare room with his Ladyboy friend.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  A new boiler ain't £300 in London
                  £299.95?

Comment

Have a look on MoneySavingExpert and see what their advice is (it's blocked from here, otherwise I'd see what they say).

I think that their recommendation is to put the cash away and then spend it when or if you need to. They may also have some comparison sites to look at, which is worthwhile.
                    went to that site a few days ago and he recommends going to uswitch or as you say self insure - put amount in a high interest savings account.
                    Will have to find out how much it costs just to have an inspection.

Comment

For around £500 you can buy a boiler that would service 20 radiators, that's hardly a bedsit is it?

Some of you guys must get royally ripped off
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X