• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to live 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Do the people come with subtitles?

Like they do on "Taggart"?

No like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGu68R2NKA
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      Anyone else delighted by Islington being deemed a feckin' tuliphole (which it is, save for a street, or two)? It warmed the cockles of my heart!
      Yes! Islington is soooo overated. I never understood the appeal.
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        e.g. Edinburgh: Lovely place, and I can see the appeal, but it's feckin' light years away from the ususl places of interest in Europe, so flying is the only real option to get to, say, France - no green badge of honour there.
        Speaking as someone who lives (and works for the time being) in Edinburgh I agree that it is a lovely enough place but I agree that it is light years away from anywhere (including anywhere there are lots of jobs for me to choose from).

Personally I like smaller towns and the Midlands, specifically Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick or even Coventry.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          Speaking as someone who lives (and works for the time being) in Edinburgh I agree that it is a lovely enough place but I agree that it is light years away from anywhere (including anywhere there are lots of jobs for me to choose from).

Personally I like smaller towns and the Midlands, specifically Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick or even Coventry.
          Solihull?

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

Coventry????

Get on the ring road and you'll be there forever, or until you crash.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I find crashing preferable to being in Coventry

I spent my youth impatiently waiting to grow up so I could leave home and get out of Bournemouth. It was only once I'd lived in Bangor for 2 years, Guildford for a year and Camberley for 2 years that I realised how much I missed it and what a great place it was to live...

Currently in Surrey next to a crappy industrial estate grimly paying off student debt so I can buy a house/flat back on the south coast....

Hevra

Comment

Bournemouth seems a very violent town,maybe due to all the stag do s?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The best place to live is one of the West/South West London "villages": Barnes, Sheen, Richmond, Putney, Chiswick.
                  Green, pleasant, nice neighbours, relatively crime free, doesn't feel like you're in a big city at all. And if you want excitement you can always toodle off to town really quickly.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The best place to live is one of the West/South West London "villages": Barnes, Sheen, Richmond, Putney, Chiswick.
                    Green, pleasant, nice neighbours, relatively crime free
                    Not with the Queen Caroline estate down the road they aren't. If you walk round in the day you can see the guys on the Mountain bikes casing the houses
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Green, pleasant, nice neighbours, relatively crime free, doesn't feel like you're in a big city at all. And if you want excitement you can always toodle off to town really quickly.
                      I agree. Wouldn't consider moving from here.

Comment

Working...
                      X