• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency payment terms degrading me from 14 to 28 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    Never heard of that in 10 years of contracting myself and 14 years dealing with contractors. Nor do really see anyone benefiting from such a scenario except maybe the agency as it would be more hassle for the client and probably cause cash flow issues for the contractor (clients are notorious for paying late)

Think it is a case of people confusing permie placements that kind of work like that or ways other non IT contracting sectors might work
    I am sort of doing this but not by choice. Because the agency had difficulty in getting on the clients preferred supplier list, I invoice the cient for the full amount directly and then give the agency their piece of the pie thereafter.

I could have cut agency out altogether but figured it wasn't a bridge worth burning as they did push me in the direction of the end client initially.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I am sort of doing this but not by choice. Because the agency had difficulty in getting on the clients preferred supplier list, I invoice the cient for the full amount directly and then give the agency their piece of the pie thereafter.

I could have cut agency out altogether but figured it wasn't a bridge worth burning as they did push me in the direction of the end client initially.
      A bit odd ! I hope you follow industry best practice by paying late and making constant admin errors.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        A bit odd ! I hope you follow industry best practice by paying late and making constant admin errors.
        I don't. It's a mates gf that owns the agency and she has proved useful in finding me stuff in the past so wouldn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I've done a couple of projects through Pathway, completed online timesheet and invoiced Friday, approved by client online Monday, money in bank following Friday.

Sweet.
          I'm on 28 days @ Pathway - not sure if this is now the norm?
          Regards, J.

Comment

just been asking same question on new post - doh. i'll delete immediately before the abuse starts!

month invoice then another 28 days seems usual, thats some time for first contract and travelling expenses etc.

oh well. credit card is going to get hammered.

Comment

Working...
            X