• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coops, your list of standing orders/direct debits must just read.. BARCLAYS...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Coops, your list of standing orders/direct debits must just read.. BARCLAYS...
      Insurance isn't with Barclays they just help set it up. I haven't got any direct debits that go to Barclays but have many many many other that go to every other company in this country.
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        My wife has told me to get life insurance. She wants a policy that pays out a great deal in the (unlikely) event of my death. I have to pay for the policy, so where can I get a fair deal with good cover?

TIA
        Depends if you want term or whole of life cover. Most companies will insure you up to an age though very few will now do whole of life. If you have an ITH liability or foresee one then a whole of life policy would kill two birds with one stone.

Otherwise have a good look round, all they are insuring you on is your demise so it doesn’t matter to an extent who you use. Just make sure it’s a company who would be able to pay out, I would recommend Friends Provident.

If you want a whole of life policy that is legal (they are not allowed to have fiscal values anymore, its set up in a contract format) then Zurich are top of the pile.
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

or alternatively ask an independent broker whose job it to know the market, will discuss your cover requiements and find the best product to match them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            If you can afford it go for the level cover as it doesn't matter what is left on your mortgage it still pays out the full amount you will pocket the rest.
            errrr how can you pocket it if you actually die??

Comment

Working...
            X