• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you drink in a week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I have never gone a week without booze for 20 years, except during periods of sickness. What is the world like without alcohol? Where do sober people go? What do they do?

We should be told
    Buy me a pint and I'll tell you.

Anyway, that's enough for today. Going to leg it early. Same time tomorrow everyone?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Anyway, that's enough for today. Going to leg it early. Same time tomorrow everyone?
      You're a sucker for punishment, eh?

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have never gone a week without booze for 20 years, except during periods of sickness. What is the world like without alcohol? Where do sober people go? What do they do?

We should be told
        Go to the gym a lot and spend a lot of time on entrepreneurial stuff. The other half is completely teetotal so we find things to do.

It is hard when a lot of my mates are still getting wasted on the weekend, it's either do or don't- there doesn't seem to be any in between..

Sure I'll be back on it by Christmas - I'm under a lot of pressure from the other half not to though - apparently I'm not very nice when I'm drunk..
        Last edited by Jog On; 16 October 2007, 15:36. Reason: spelling
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Where's the option "drink almost every day, 1 glass of wine/beer"?

Voted for AndyW then.

Comment

Just think if you didn't drink, smoke, eat red meat etc. you could live an extra 10 years, though those years would be at the sh1t end and appear to last forever. You could sit in the old peoples home reminiscing about the things you didn't do while filling your plastic knickers with poop
            I've come to this conclusion too so I've decided to stop putting money into a pension and spend it on bourbon and fags instead.

Comment

Not drinking either, haven’t drank during Ramadan or Eid obviously, not allowed. In my prev contract was in CW, we had a team drinks for whatever excuse (always someone leaving someone arriving someone going to the US someone coming from the US - you name it they celebrated it ) this was around 2-3 times a week, I tried not to go but was criticised for not being part of the team also said silly stuff (i.e. I don't like so and so cuz I didn't turn up for his whatever drinks) so felt obliged to show my face, what really really really pi$$ed me off is when you arrive at the wine bar everyone had to put in some money into the kitty - equal amount amongst all, I personally hardly drink any alcohol, I also drink it very very slowly, perhaps a glass or max two all evening, while others downed bottles and bottles, really pissed me off having to pay for all their bingeing , some nights I was starving but if I asked that some of the kitty money should be used for snacks e.g. olives nuts etc, they refuse laughing and joking saying I need to use my own money for snacks- the kitty is only for drinks , worst thing is when I do give in and buy my own snacks they all jump in and help themselves to my fooooood

Am soooooooo glad I don't have to do this at my present contract. Everyone finish work and runs back home to their families ... fantastic

Comment

I had my gnashers bleached last week, to a slightly lighter shade of nicotine, so I'm foregoing the ruby port and red wine for now. But a bottle of tawny port or half bottle of gin or brandy on fridays, saturdays, and sundays, and a bottle of white wine a couple of week nights. Never tried adding up the units, but it's probably a bit too much.
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 October 2007, 19:52.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I had my gnashers bleached last week, to a slightly lighter shade of nicotine, so I'm foregoing the ruby port and red wine for now. .
                  Can't you drink wine through a straw ?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    Can't you drink wine through a straw ?
                    Hey, that's an idea. Isn't it also getting fashionable these days to snort spirits?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X