• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team for the Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we English couldn't give a stuff if the Neutrals are excited about it or not. Just let US be excited about it without grumbling about the "boring English"!

Oh alright then, I shall refrain from negatively commenting further upon the bleeding Rugby as I can see it rubs English people up the wrong way to have me slate their "style". I shall reserve all future comment to matters other than rugger.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It doesnt matter if England are boring, they are in the final.

I like the English players generally, seem like pretty modest guys who have had a rough ride but are now in a purple patch built on guts, determination and a new sense of pride.

What is irritating is the 'jonny come lately football fans' wyo have jumped on the bandwagon and bought thier leery spiteful and noxious opinions to the rugby table. Unfortunately they have been encouraged in this pursuit by the worst rugby 'journalists' in the world. The Times is a tabloid that rates right beside the Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        What is irritating is the 'jonny come lately football fans' wyo have jumped on the bandwagon and bought thier leery spiteful and noxious opinions to the rugby table. Unfortunately they have been encouraged in this pursuit by the worst rugby 'journalists' in the world. The Times is a tabloid that rates right beside the Sun.
        Couldn't agree more. The lower classes, like our very own Corporal Spud, should stick to their chavball and not offer opinions on sports they are not qualified intellectually to comprehend.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Chan

If Lucy is out should it not be SallyAnne in her place?
          If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Couldn't agree more.
            sg,
            as you are blessed with the sporting prowess of a pork scratching, you would do well to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than opening it and confirming same.
            Stick to discussing knitting patterns and other such trivia and leave the manly stuff to those of us that stand up to pee.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              sg,
              as you are blessed with the sporting prowess of a pork scratching, you would do well to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than opening it and confirming same.
              Stick to discussing knitting patterns and other such trivia and leave the manly stuff to those of us that stand up to pee.
              Bit rich coming from a self-confessed lard-arse, don't you think?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                I and many of us on here have watched every rugby world cup, most internationals in that period, and don't need our "worst rugby journalists in the world" to form our opinions. What you see on here is called "banter", similar to the antipodeans saying that "everyone hates the English", "the English are boring", etc. Nothing wrong with that.

I bow to your greater knowledge - rugby union is not my first sport, not even my second or third. And you'd beat me on countback - I haven't played it since there were just three points for a try, let alone four, and I only have vague recollections of Beamont's side, Jean Pierre Rives, and the five-way tie. Strangely, I do remember Erica Roe quite clearly though...

But if you took out part-time fans, rugby union would lose 90% of its support, which would probably delight the egg-chasing purists until they start counting the cash. Of course, this didn't matter in the amateur days pre-1995, when only one international side was professional.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Bit rich coming from a self-confessed lard-arse, don't you think?
                  "self-confessed lard-arse?" Don't know what you mean.I am in at least as good physical shaoe as half of the England pack, even at my age.
                  In my time I have played most sports and excelled at more than a few. Army background you see. And your claim to fame sg? Shove ha'penny maybe?
                  By the way, just wondered. Is it the string of Polo ponies you own, or half of Yorkshire?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    ...and I only have vague recollections of Beamont's side...
                    ahh me - now that was a grand grand slam and no mistake!

Comment

I wish all the newbies would bugger off back to whatever sport they cam from then maybe I would stand a chance of seeing England play at Twickers at a reasonable price again.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X