• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team for the Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Don't want to pee on your celebrations guys but it really looks to a person who does not know much about rugby (ie me) like SA will wipe the floor with the lions...
    No English celebrating here, Alexei. We are realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Sorry that you find the complexities of rugby beyond your limited intellect. Perhaps netball or rounders may suit you more?

The "complexities" of rugby are clearly beyond the intellect of most players judging by the way that the Referee has to painstakingly explain every bleeding decision he makes. I guess that is why he gets so much respect, being the only one that can grasp what is meant to be happening. Wouldn't know about netball and rounders, but you seem to be well informed.
      Hardly surprising with you being such a nancy-boy.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        No English celebrating here, Alexei. We are realistic.
        Actually I was talking about Sally Anne...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          As long as whoever wins is the team that scores the most tries I don't really mind. That way I might still be awake come the final whistle.
          The team that scored the most tries DID win the semi-final...
          Was the only thing splitting the sides, that 1 minute 23 second try from Lewsey.

I agree, the game was not pretty, but I didn't see France making much headway towards our line either. Only once did they break free, only to be thwarted by a last ditch tap-tackle.

Personally I'd go for a win full of grit and hard work over a loss any day of the week - that's what makes me a fan.

I'm sure you'll agree that you'd prefer to see Celtic win 1-0 from a dodgy own goal in the only venture into the opposition penalty area in the whole 90 mins than go home having lost 4-3 in an exiting end to end game?

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
            I'm sure you'll agree that you'd prefer to see Celtic win 1-0 from a dodgy own goal in the only venture into the opposition penalty area in the whole 90 mins than go home having lost 4-3 in an exiting end to end game?
            Yep, when it suits, as evidenced by the reaction to Scotland footy team winning in France last month in exactly those circumstances.

In fact, it didn't even have the "venture into the opposition penalty area" to brighten it up, because the goal came from a speculative punt from the half-way line while the goalie, bored to tears after over an hour of inactivity, was lighting up a Gitaine!

Comment

The team that scored the most tries DID win the semi-final...
              Was the only thing splitting the sides, that 1 minute 23 second try from Lewsey.

I agree, the game was not pretty, but I didn't see France making much headway towards our line either. Only once did they break free, only to be thwarted by a last ditch tap-tackle.

Personally I'd go for a win full of grit and hard work over a loss any day of the week - that's what makes me a fan.

One try arrived courtesy of the "egg" popping up at an unlikely angle and landing in Lewsey's arms. The description of "not pretty" seems to be one that can be levelled against England in most games lately. I can admire their indomitable spirit and determination, and I dare say that if I were English I might even get a bit animated about the match, but compulsive viewing from a classic rugby perspective is it not!! That is why anybody that is not English gets a bit turned off by it all.
              You are right, as a Celtic fan I WOULD prefer us to win in the manner suggested. Where I would subsequently differ from most England Rugby fans is that I would not then expect all the neutral supporters to get all excited about it.
              As I said earlier, if England can come out and score a few tries next saturday then that would be great, and I will be happy for them if they outscore SA at that. I just can't see it though.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

As I said earlier, if England can come out and score a few tries next saturday then that would be great
                1991, lesson learned.

It won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                  In fact, it didn't even have the "venture into the opposition penalty area" to brighten it up, because the goal came from a speculative punt from the half-way line while the goalie, bored to tears after over an hour of inactivity, was lighting up a Gitaine!
                  Nonsense. A bit of clinical finishing from a quality player, and just reward for having pummelled the Frogs mercilessly. 3 hours of football against them and 2 victories with no goals conceded. I rest my case.

Comment

One try arrived courtesy of the "egg" popping up at an unlikely angle and landing in Lewsey's arms. The description of "not pretty" seems to be one that can be levelled against England in most games lately. I can admire their indomitable spirit and determination, and I dare say that if I were English I might even get a bit animated about the match, but compulsive viewing from a classic rugby perspective is it not!! That is why anybody that is not English gets a bit turned off by it all.
                    You are right, as a Celtic fan I WOULD prefer us to win in the manner suggested. Where I would subsequently differ from most England Rugby fans is that I would not then expect all the neutral supporters to get all excited about it.
                    As I said earlier, if England can come out and score a few tries next saturday then that would be great, and I will be happy for them if they outscore SA at that. I just can't see it though.

I'm pretty sure we English couldn't give a stuff if the Neutrals are excited about it or not. Just let US be excited about it without grumbling about the "boring English"!

Whether you agree or not, what the team has done over the last 4 weeks has been nothing less than Monumental and I am proud of the team.

I was also happy enough for you when you beat the French in a most boring fashion, because it was another Monumental defensive feat. You could at least do us the same courtesy.

Comment

Whether you agree or not, what the team has done over the last 4 weeks has been nothing less than Monumental and I am proud of the team.

Not as monumental as Scotland beating the Faroe Islands at football though
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X