• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tricks for squirrels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember a school pal of mine finding a rather poorly-looking squirrel, and, being a kindly lad, decided to take it home and look after it. Upon picking it up, it turned into a razor-clawed demonic psychopath, and ripped his arm to shreds.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4489792.stm

Russians, squirrels, killings.

Does NickyG know about this?

Comment

Move along now - nothing to see here...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Those squirrels are nice, friendly, cute, fluffy - totally opposite of you, so who is the pest now?

Local red squirrels are not as friendly and they spend more time hiding on the trees, frankly they were not strong enough species to survive in mainland England, so they are now seeking refuge in Scotland
          Here's a wee interesting quote for you AtW :

The situation has now reached a crisis point: there are only an estimated 160,000 red squirrels left in Britain, whereas there are more than 2 million grays. Without human intervention, reds could be gone from England in 10 years.
          I reckon you should get a wee bit of rat poison and inject it in the nuts you're feeding them - you'll be proving your animal lover credentials that way. Taking it for the team, so to speak ...
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Need new tricks to teach my tamed squirrels - so far they jump on my knee to get nuts like wallnuts, jump about 1 meter up to grab my hang and eat nut while hanging upside down, or just climb me for the nut, any ideas what else should I teach them, maybe stealing people's money, rings etc?

Some photoes here.
            how about the "statue" trick ?...... Mr Air Arms .22 assistance is required though......with a nice field pellet in the bonce

Mr Fox likes them

Comment

You could always teach the squirrels to explode...
              (Think lemmings... Not the animal, the computer game)...

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                I reckon you should get a wee bit of rat poison and inject it in the nuts you're feeding them...
                Now there's a thought, less messy than shooting them, but how do I avoid killing everything else in the process !? How do I stop the resident buzzards from eating the dead squirrels ? Back to shooting I think. We've got the odd pocket of red squirrels in my neck of the woods, the greys arrived in the last 3 or 4 years and are spreading fast. I think they do a lot of damage to the native bird life also.

Comment

Working...
                X