• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post

Move evening to Sunday
    That's the plan.
    However, I'm sure she's going to say 'but it's not the same. her birthday is sat.'
    I will then say 'Yes. Her birthday not yours. DOH'

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
      That's the plan.
      However, I'm sure she's going to say 'but it's not the same. her birthday is sat.'
      I will then say 'Yes. Her birthday not yours. DOH'
      The little one's b'day is on the saturday but why restric the romantic evening to the little uns birthday. Make it a festival on Friday, then on Saturday if you have done your job well enough the previous night she will have had her fair share

Comment

See this often in 'relationships', mostly consisting of people being restricted from doing things they want to. Marriage takes a chunk of this out, chuck a sprog in and you have to sell you soul to get out.
        Why can't people see that a balance is the only way ? There has to be time to do a few things you like, even/especially if it is separate from the family. Same for the missus, sure she would fancy the odd night out, or shopping trip etc. Of course, most of your time has to go to your responsibilities but the odd outing for a beer or a game of golf shouldn't be a problem. These things contribute to your happiness and give you something else to talk about !!
        Sad and can kill the relationship in some cases.

Comment

I would go ******* ballastic if Mr WA suggested going out to watch rugby with his mates while I had to stay at home!!!

The fact that it is your daughter's birthday augurs well for an England vistory based on the following complete lack of logic ...

England won world cup on my big daughter's 14th birthday
          My little daughter was 2 last weekend when England beat Australia

Windy

Comment

Go to the rugby but as a special treat return by the tradesmen's entrance.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
              I would go ******* ballastic if Mr WA suggested going out to watch rugby with his mates while I had to stay at home!!!

The fact that it is your daughter's birthday augurs well for an England vistory based on the following complete lack of logic ...

England won world cup on my big daughter's 14th birthday
              My little daughter was 2 last weekend when England beat Australia

Windy
              Well she went out yesterday while I looked after the little one.
              Gave her a bottle at 7pm. she went to sleep. She woke up at 9:15 crying. I picked her up and she burped in my face. After that she fell asleep on me for 15 mins. Put her back in the cot and she was out until 6.30 am.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                See this often in 'relationships', mostly consisting of people being restricted from doing things they want to. Marriage takes a chunk of this out, chuck a sprog in and you have to sell you soul to get out.
                Why can't people see that a balance is the only way ? There has to be time to do a few things you like, even/especially if it is separate from the family. Same for the missus, sure she would fancy the odd night out, or shopping trip etc. Of course, most of your time has to go to your responsibilities but the odd outing for a beer or a game of golf shouldn't be a problem. These things contribute to your happiness and give you something else to talk about !!
                Sad and can kill the relationship in some cases.
                To be fair to her she has never said I can't go out. She goes out I go out. I play tennis on Wed and sunday mornings and we alternate evenings to go to the gym a couple of times a week. I did watch a couple of the other matches in the pub as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
                  Gave her a bottle at 7pm. she went to sleep. She woke up at 9:15 crying. I picked her up and she burped in my face. After that she fell asleep on me for 15 mins. Put her back in the cot and she was out until 6.30 am.
                  But what about the baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    But what about the baby?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh for God's sake, ditch the Rugby. You can watch France moolah England every February/March if you are really that keen on witnessing it man. Your sprog only has one first birthday.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X