• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax tax tax, spend spend spend spend spend..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    So take the piss as much as you can now while it's still possible, before they tax those that can be bothered into bankruptcy. Fking idiots. I can't work out if the government is made up of well meaning thick people who have no understanding of the consequence of their actions or if they are intentionally trying to ruin the country. Either way they should be dragged out into the street and shot.
    Its a cunning plan. There will be rush of people closing companies and even selling second homes before April. This will lead to a one off tax windfall for the government allowing them to bribe key voters before the next election.

Comment

As I understood it, those with a second home (and the btl lot) were winners in this due to the reduced CT they had to pay
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
      X