• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daughter's shock as parents' £1.5m farm is left to the RSPCA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    2) The RSPB preserve land, so I'm simply a selfless benefactor for everyone's kids, etc. I am all heart and, even though I say it myself, a wonderful, caring, giving, godlike immortal. Or just a twat, not sure.
    Watch it DBA - somebody might put up a poll.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Quite right too. What's the point of working hard all your life and not enjoying the proceeds? If you've got anything left leave it to those more in need than your kids.
      The big issue with the baby boomer generation is that they are selfish twats in the main. They nearly all inherited money from thier parents (great depression generation) and lived a good retirement from it. .. so they spend thier parents money and thier own, and then have the cheek to say its only right and fair.. bollox. My wifes best friend parents are doing exactly this, lazy ****** the both of them, been living off an inheritance for 15 years, and have just announced they arent leaving anything to the kids and are going on a world cruise for a year instead. All the while thier children cannot afford to buy a house.

Wouldnt be an issue if thier wealth was self made, but it wasnt. Baby boomers are selfish little spoiled tulips and the sooner they bugger off, the better. Damn statistical blips that they are.

(if my mum and dad are reading this, they are obviously excluded )

And inheritance tax is a rip off, NZ doesnt have it either... or stamp duty.... or capital gains tax.

Comment

Tay,

I'd hate to think of my mum not spending what little cash she's got on herself while she's in a position to enjoy it. It's bad enough she sends me money for Christmas/birthdays when she knows damned well that I earn a decent wedge and I can afford to treat myself (yeah, I know she gets pleasure from giving us things). I don't want her going short because she thinks she has to leave us her house.
        She probably won't listen .....
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          "she spent more time looking after her mother, Joyce, who suffered from a range of phobias and did not like to leave the house"

Think there is an indicator for the reasons behind the parents decision..aka loony tunes
          Her parents, quite literally, did not like leaving the house. Well to her at any rate.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X