• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Financials

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    They say:

Sounds quite good to me...

P
    If you like the idea of instant negative equity.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      I wonder how NR got into credit difficulties?

Lack of liquidity in the interbank credit market?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Lack of liquidity in the interbank credit market?

No it's the way I'm stood
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I thought that was half of the currrent problem with the mortgage market in general? Banks and building societies have sold mortgages on but only for a short term eg 5 years, those buyers are now coming back expecting the banks to buy those mortgages back and very few are willing to rebuy the debt and take on the risk
          I think the problem is Banks and building societies have sold mortgages on to brokers who have sold them to other brokers but only for a short term eg 5 years, those buyers are now coming back expecting the brokers to buy those mortgages back and very few are willing to rebuy the debt and take on the risk.

For brokers read some investment ****** with large bonus.

Northern Rock problems happened when they could not off load anymore old mortgages to get money to fund new mortgages.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            I think the problem is Banks and building societies have sold mortgages on to brokers who have sold them to other brokers but only for a short term eg 5 years, those buyers are now coming back expecting the brokers to buy those mortgages back and very few are willing to rebuy the debt and take on the risk.

For brokers read some investment ****** with large bonus.

Northern Rock problems happened when they could not off load anymore old mortgages to get money to fund new mortgages.
            Also known as buying a pig in a poke.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
            X