• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Kiwis aren't going to win

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. The Kiwis normally peak between tournaments, then fade during them.

Can the French beat them again, like 1999? Bernat-Salles isn't playing any more of course...
    The signs are omi...omni...dont look good for the rest of the world though. AB's have only lost 3 games in the last 4 years and all the main competitors have looked pretty ordinary in their matches to do. So its pretty hard to say they have already peaked when they have been bloody consistant all the way through since the last world cup.

That and the fact that in 99 the AB's went in as favourites INSPITE of losing every game in the tri-nations!

France to bow out this weekend, paying the price for a crap game against the Argies.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Tough to predict what the French will do. On the one hand I can see them doing something special but they could just as easily get thumped.
      Yes, which French team will turn up on the day? I do like watching them - at their best they are usually the most creative team.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes, which French team will turn up on the day? I do like watching them - at their best they are usually the most creative team.
        Perhaps the french should invent their own version of the Haka, whereby they taunt their opponents with modern poetry and mime?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Can the French beat them again, like 1999? Bernat-Salles isn't playing any more of course...
          See my post above
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Perhaps the french should invent their own version of the Haka, whereby they taunt their opponents with modern poetry and mime?
            Ah that famous french war dance the "marcel marceau"

Comment

and so it begins, shame this kind of banter has taken a turn for the worse
              The flak is certainly flying. Traditionally, the verbal battle between England and Australia has had a humorous edge, but six days before their quarter- final in Marseilles, it has turned so distinctly unpleasant that it would be astonishing if the World Cup organisers sit back and allow it to continue.

It was less than a week ago that John O’Neill, the chief executive of the Australian Rugby Union, was quoted all over the rugby world for his view that, in Australian sport, “we all hate England”. This was excused in some Australian quarters as a quip that read badly on the page.

However, perhaps stung by the replies in British newspaper columns by Josh Lewsey and Austin Healey, O’Neill has come back even harder and it may be that the IRB deems him to have fallen foul of its code of conduct. “I stand by what I said,” O’Neill told The Daily Telegraph in Australia. “Whether it’s cricket, rugby league or rugby union, we do all hate England. All I’m doing is stating the bleeding obvious.

“No one likes England. If they want further proof, how do they think France won the right to host this World Cup? It’s simple. No one would vote for England and they were the only other country in the running

Comment

Originally posted by maximus View Post
                Yes, O'Neill is an un-mitigated racist.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by maximus View Post
                  What's wrong with it?

Comment

What's wrong with it?
                    Nothing at all. Without this deep rooted rivalry with the Aussies, win or lose life would be very boring. If England do by some miracle end up winning just look at how much extra the pleasure will be thanks to Campese and O'neill. Just a shame for all Australians that O'Neill has underlined the huge feeling of inferiority that many Aussies feel in relation to the English.

Bring it on Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Too right. Nothing wrong with a bit of honest banter.

Especially with Australian egg-chasing retards!

Comment

Working...
                      X