• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are all the contractors????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Looking over my shoulder sometimes, but I am meeting all my deadlines so nothing said yet.
    Depends how exaggerated your estimates / deadlines are....

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
      Renewal probably on the horizon
      No renewal, off for 3 months
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
        Depends how exaggerated your estimates / deadlines are....
        Oh yes, you're a PM you would know about that
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Oh yes, you're a PM you would know about that
          Get the estimate...halve it...and tell em to hurry up with a clip round the ear for encouragement...forget P2 etc..Basil Fawlty taught me everything

Comment

Get the estimate...halve it...and tell em to hurry up with a clip round the ear for encouragement...forget P2 etc..Basil Fawlty taught me everything
            Muttley - I need to know your real identity so I can quadruple my estimates if we should ever work together.

There's no rush though mate, we don't have any genuine project managers on my current gig so I think I'm safe for now.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Where are you Brum. explains a lot
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Muttley - I need to know your real identity so I can quadruple my estimates if we should ever work together.

There's no rush though mate, we don't have any genuine project managers on my current gig so I think I'm safe for now.
                So you never overegg your estimates now???

Comment

Working... spent all day trying to ghost an old NT4 disk that we have lost the build for and no matter what I tried it wouldn't boot.

I was supposed to know about how HP's bios handles the NT mbr slightly differently to IBM's... only took 6 hours for the penny to drop.

Got another 6 months though.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                  X