• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is he mad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    No .. nor is it acceptable behaviour for us to behead people for infidelity... but it happens in other countries.
    I'm curious why people think we can impose our values onto other cultures, who are we to say what is right or wrong?
    But you have already called it unacceptable behaviour...is that not imposing values?
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

We did it 200 years ago at Tyburn, before we reached the enlightenment we currently enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        But you have already called it unacceptable behaviour...is that not imposing values?
        Hmmm,,,,don't recall saying that!!
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          We did it 200 years ago at Tyburn, before we reached the enlightenment we currently enjoy...
          Exactly...and now we see it as wrong....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

[QUOTE=Troll;307084]No .. nor is it acceptable behaviour for us to behead people for infidelity... QUOTE]

Is this not saying that you find beheading people for infidelity unacceptable?

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7010962.stm

"You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated," Mr Bollinger told Mr Ahmadinejad, referring to his denial of the Holocaust.

The man is a top class lunatic......
              To whom are you referring - President Ahmadinejad or Mr Bollinger?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                To whom are you referring - President Ahmadinejad or Mr Bollinger?
                I would have thought it obvious..

Comment

[QUOTE=daviejones;307093]
                  Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  No .. nor is it acceptable behaviour for us to behead people for infidelity... QUOTE]

Is this not saying that you find beheading people for infidelity unacceptable?
                  I personally find it unacceptable and Western civilisation also finds it unacceptable... but unless you want to re impose colonial rule you will have to accept that others have different views on the subject.
                  You can hope that over time a more enlightened attitude evolves, but Islamic civilisation IMHO is several centuries behind Western in terms of human rights,
                  unless of course you would propose a regime change and an imposition of a Westernised value system ...

Comment

I would have thought it obvious..
                    I would assume that you meant Mr Bollinger, then - although I'm not sure that he classes as a lunatic. Incredibly rude, certainly, but I would hope that one does not become the head of a university by being a lunatic.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I would assume that you meant Mr Bollinger, then - although I'm not sure that he classes as a lunatic. Incredibly rude, certainly, but I would hope that one does not become the head of a university by being a lunatic.
                      It came across as very bad manners, not sure what he hoped to achieve

Comment

Working...
                      X