• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"It is bureaucracy gone mad".

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Lets see how clever you would be after sitting for 8 hours on a checkout at min wage.
    Piss on 'em.

Comment

"Often the checkout person is too busy, tired or fed up to look at the customer and some might mistakenly ask the person before looking properly

Lets see how clever you would be after sitting for 8 hours on a checkout at min wage."

I know I'd be clever enough to distiguish between a pensioner and a teenager.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        "Often the checkout person is too busy, tired or fed up to look at the customer and some might mistakenly ask the person before looking properly

Lets see how clever you would be after sitting for 8 hours on a checkout at min wage."

I know I'd be clever enough to distiguish between a pensioner and a teenager.
        TonyEnglish, do you have a phobia of the quote button?
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

"TonyEnglish, do you have a phobia of the quote button? "

Yes I do!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            TonyEnglish, do you have a phobia of the quote button?

Come on, Tony. Make us all happy and make a post using the quote feature!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

"TonyEnglish, do you have a phobia of the quote button? "

Yes I do!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Often the checkout person is too busy, tired or fed up to look at the customer and some might mistakenly ask the person before looking properly.

Lets see how clever you would be after sitting for 8 hours on a checkout at min wage.
                So when the manager came along and put the bottles back on the shelf, was he right in doing so? Did he do that without looking? No, it was following rules and not applying and sense or judgement to it....
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

"Come on, Tony. Make us all happy and make a post using the quote feature"

No!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    So when the manager came along and put the bottles back on the shelf, was he right in doing so? Did he do that without looking? No, it was following rules and not applying and sense or judgement to it....
                    I believe it is the law. Once challenged, the person must produce ID prooving they are 18+, or by the law, the sale cannot proceed. The manager was following the law.

Even if the person is 200 yrs old, once challenged, they must produce ID, the store or the staff could be prosecuted if they say "on 2nd thoughts, it's okay".

Comment

"Come on, Tony. Make us all happy and make a post using the quote feature"

No!

Comment

Working...
                      X