• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Nope, not a myth. It should be on their emails and their website...

More details here...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ebsite+company
    So, naughty, naughty Hays, then. Not surprised: my (thankfully few) dealings with them have been depressing, to say the least.

Comment

I have their company number but will have to wait until I get home to see it I have their VAT number.

Company number is 2150950.
      Last edited by OrangeHopper; 17 September 2007, 15:06. Reason: Company number is 2150950.

Comment

Right, I don't have anything with their VAT number.

As has been previous asked, "Why should the invoicer need the invoicee's VAT number?"

Even the company number I quoted above, that was taken from a Hays email, does not match that on their paperwork which is 975677.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
          As has been previous asked, "Why should the invoicer need the invoicee's VAT number?"
          The OP said that it was for his VAT application, which makes even less sense.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I agree but then he said surely somebody must have invoiced them. I have many many time but I don't have or need their VAT number.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              Right, I don't have anything with their VAT number.

Even the company number I quoted above, that was taken from a Hays email, does not match that on their paperwork which is 975677.
              Quite common for the invoicer to need the invoicees VAT number. Been in the same situation myself several times, and why the fsck do they always play silly beggars and try to avoid telling you?

Most commonly I need it because I'm not invoicing the VAT and I need to put their company details as a note on the invoices to keep the VAT man happy by showing due dilligence.

It's such a silly thing to play arse about, yet so common, that it has become one of threadeds rules of business: if they're easy and forthcoming with a VAT number I worry...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X