• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colin McRae RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Colin....watched him in many rally's and he was awsome. Big shock to me
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Bloody hell, they're dropping like flies (the helicopters that is):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6997784.stm
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's to be expected, the poor don't fly and the gap to between rich and poor has grown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6997145.stm

Nu Labour are to blame...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Jesus,

why do all these rich people have crashes in helicopters ?

Lesson for us all, if we ever become rich don't get delusions of having a helicopter and becoming a pilot, every year we hear of rich people crashing their helicopters.

Maybe there should be stricter driving tests for helicopter pilots and more regular flying hours to keep the skills up ?

Milan.
          Yet Noel Edmonds has been piloting his own helicopter for years!
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Shame, he was a nice guy and to think his son perished also is extremely sorry news!!!
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Jesus,

why do all these rich people have crashes in helicopters ?

Lesson for us all, if we ever become rich don't get delusions of having a helicopter and becoming a pilot, every year we hear of rich people crashing their helicopters.

Maybe there should be stricter driving tests for helicopter pilots and more regular flying hours to keep the skills up ?

Milan.
              MB, personally, I don't think this one was "Pilot Error".

Churchill - In "RIP" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I was having similar thoughts, the stats of rich folks crashing in these machines must be pretty high against professional piliots -
                People in the flying community said he was a good a pilot as he was a rally driver, I would imagine if you have a good aptitude for driving this would be true.

Far more likely a mechanical fault from the relatively cheap chopper (only 500k), pro's tend to fly more expensive and sturdier kit.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  People in the flying community said he was a good a pilot as he was a rally driver, I would imagine if you have a good aptitude for driving this would be true.

Far more likely a mechanical fault from the relatively cheap chopper (only 500k), pro's tend to fly more expensive and sturdier kit.
                  But don't choppers auto gyrate safely to the ground in the event of mechanical problems?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

When did you get your PPL(H)?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      But don't choppers auto gyrate safely to the ground in the event of mechanical problems?
                      Nope, the pilot "safely performs" an "auto-rotation"...

Given sufficient height and momentum in the main rotor...

However, if there is a catastrophic seizure on the wrong side of the sprag-clutch, you're bolloxed.

Anyway, let's wait for the official report.

Comment

Working...
                      X