• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The law of attraction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I really don't buy into this.

At the last big team gathering here at my client, they had a guest speaker who went on about how you should really focus on envisaging success and how it would feel like when you get there, and you shouldn't think about all the things that could go wrong because you would inevitably steer yourself into faliure. What a load of old pony. If you don't prepare for possible/probable problems then you will almost definitely screw up.

I guess if you are doing all that already and then you do do the thinking positive approach too then there's no harm... no disrespect intended, Signo_cypher.
    None taken old chap, horses for courses and all that.

Comment

Good God! I just tried it and I've just become the new Prime Minister!

I'll certainly recommend this to all my new mates at the G8.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Have they thought about the effect on inflation and money supply if everyone does this?
        Well, they say there is enough of everything to to go round, besides not everybody wants the the same thing, we dont all want a beverly hills mansion and money. Saying that I do, but not everybody does.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          According to that famous American book (I can and I will?) it is quite wrong to believe something willl happen. You have to tell yourself it HAS happened.

I DO HAVE a mansion in Beverley Hills and a $300,000 Cadillac
          I DO HAVE a mansion in Beverley Hills and..
          And you may ask yourself
          Where is that large automobile?
          And you may tell yourself
          This is not my beautiful house!
          And you may tell yourself
          This is not my beautiful wife!
          This is not my beautiful automobile !
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 11 September 2007, 15:07.

Comment

I wanna be a boss
            I wanna be a big boss
            I wanna boss the world around
            I wanna be the biggest boss
            that ever bossed the world around

I wanna do it right
            I wanna do it right away
            I wanna do it right now
            I wanna do it right away
            I wanna do it now

Don't wanna be a dancer in the Bolshoi Ballet
            Don't want to work for Daddy
            In Daddy's shop, 0.K.

Well - this stuff really works !

An hour ago I waw a nine stone weakling - now I am two seperate Gorillas !

Comment

I don't use any such techniques but what I do is have no fear of anything I might face in a work situation. I always think I can do any job I can get and usually expect that I could do any of the senior roles that exist where I am working. As I have moved to higher levels with more responsibility, staff etc I have found this to be true, which encourages me to always pitch for roles which on paper are a stretch for my current experience.
              Persuading the various people involved in the process that I should be considered for the role has proved to be the most difficult part every time.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                Good God! I just tried it and I've just become the new Prime Minister!
                Er, doesn't that imply an automatic ban around these parts?

Unless of course you repeal a few taxes. Quite a lot of taxes, Lots and lots of taxes.

Repeat after me:

"I must repeal a lot of taxes"
                "I must ban speed cameras"

You'll get the hang of it.
                Last edited by Sysman; 11 September 2007, 14:54.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

If you really want to be rich, send me a tenner and I let you know the secret. But you must promise not to tell anyone else...

Comment

Working...
                  X