• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Hd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Yep, you can - that's what I did.
    Do you still get BBC and NG in HD?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I have Sky HD with a sony bravia 40" 1080i and have to say the picture is fantastic. However not a lot of content, sport and films are worth it for a tenner a month, or less than a pint a week at my local. Didn't realise that England internationals will be moving next year to ITV and Sentana who don’t have HD channels.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Do you still get BBC and NG in HD?
        Yep. Just the Sky HD channels that have gone.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
          I have Sky HD with a sony bravia 40" 1080i and have to say the picture is fantastic. However not a lot of content, sport and films are worth it for a tenner a month, or less than a pint a week at my local. Didn't realise that England internationals will be moving next year to ITV and Sentana who don’t have HD channels.
          England internationals and FA Cup matches

Luckily for me I am not a big oikball fan but I'll still watch the odd match

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
            England internationals and FA Cup matches

Luckily for me I am not a big oikball fan but I'll still watch the odd match
            Why oikball, not interested in plebian sports or just never got picked at school?

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Why oikball, not interested in plebian sports or just never got picked at school?
              Just went off it a few years ago. Too much money in the game which has had a big effect on every aspect of football

Plus I don't like the fact that it's really trendy to like it now - most of the new-comers wouldn't have dared go to a game in the 70's and 80's or are pointless women trying to convince people they've always supported Astonal Rovers - 'go on you Blues!'

Much prefer rugby. Much more complex sport which guarantees fewer ill-educated oiks.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Anyone playing oikball at my school would have been buried under the rugby posts at midnight.
                Or forced to eat the the biscuit?

Comment

Working...
                X