• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrghh, distractions!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it. Your CV was OK last time you applied for a job, why is it useless now? Why can't you just add the little bit for the current/last gig you did?

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      No, I get a good one done and tweak it very slightly!!! Most of the time I do not need to anything to it...and if I need a major review, I get it done at a reduced price.
      hmm.. this appeals to me.. leaves me free to waste, guilt free.. any recommendations who to use?

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        I don't get it. Your CV was OK last time you applied for a job, why is it useless now? Why can't you just add the little bit for the current/last gig you did?
        i didn't really need a cv for my last jobs - the employers knew me and my skillset.. i did spend weeks recently updating my cv and was happy.. i got an interview but blew it (the interviewer's call woke me up, at 12:30pm! i was brain-dead with a throbbing headache.)

however, looking at my cv now - it's tulip.. it's five pages long - general with far too much info.. i'm endeavouring to rewrite, ir35calc template style.

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post

however, looking at my cv now - it's tulip.. it's five pages long - general with far too much info.. i'm endeavouring to rewrite, ir35calc template style.

See told you it would work.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            See told you it would work.
            *sounds of rhythmic beating 'neath desk*

yeah... *pant* .. you're on to something..

seriously, though.. i've mailed my cv to the professionals for review.. thanks daviejones!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Try cracking one off. That should relax you enough to concentrate.

HTH

By the content, I expect you are spanking your monkey as you write every post
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
                i didn't really need a cv for my last jobs - the employers knew me and my skillset.. i did spend weeks recently updating my cv and was happy.. i got an interview but blew it (the interviewer's call woke me up, at 12:30pm! i was brain-dead with a throbbing headache.)

Bullet points are the answer - honestly. See this - hope it helps a bit. 2 pages should be enough for any CV. Fiddle with font sizes and spacing to get it down as much as possible.
                Last edited by DBA_bloke; 11 September 2007, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                  Fiddle with font sizes and spacing to get it down as much as possible.
                  Don't get him started.

Comment

Working...
                  X