• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contract - Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I am not spotty, nor a trucker!
    Time to update your signature...
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thank you all for the help again.

For this contract I will be relocating. What's the norm? Find a flat/house to rent? Find a reasonable B & B? Can this be covered by my limited company as expenses?

I might have another offer today leaving me with a difficult decision tomorrow.

Comment

Haha! Nearly forgot. I do not have a girlfriend, but I have had plenty of girlfriends that were partial to the odd photographic session!

The answer is "no".

Comment

Originally posted by youwhut View Post
          The answer is "no".
          I give you 3 weeks before we break you down.

Yes you can claim accommodation as a expense however you must have somewhere else to live and don't even try it with a mortgage.

For a more details answer there is a few threads on it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            We have a wide selection of Illegal Aliens who post here from time to time.

In particular, look out for the Daleks in all their many guises.

And don't get taken in by the War Criminal, James Tiberius Kirk.

Or he'll shoot you with diamonds, the cad.
            I didn't know you have trouble with illegals in your country. How do they cross the border? I though you are surrounded by water.
            Never swap horses crossing a stream

Comment

Originally posted by youwhut View Post
              I might have another offer today leaving me with a difficult decision tomorrow.
              Enjoy the situation while you can - the market is not always so bouyant.... and if it happens play one offer off against the other to get the agency to reduce their margin.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

WTF is going on !!! I thought I was in technical or accouting for a moment

40 posts with a newbie asking questions and not one of you has given him any grief !! not even a little bit..

You cant tell me that we're actually being nice to all newbies now??

what ever happened to:

"search the forum before asking stupid questions" (irrelevant if they asked a stupid question or even if they asked a question)

"doomed"

"no, next"

<sigh> ok, well if we ARE going to be nice and offer advice here's my 2 pounds worth..

-never ever trust what an agent says unless proven (sorry DA but it's true)

-join PCG, its a few notes but well worth it for the info, templates, discounts and a slightly more serious version of CUK

-save hard for the first year minimum, dont go spending everything now the money is rolling in, there are good and bad times..

-dont get involved in the permie time wasting of gossip "he did this, she did that", "i want a pay rise", your a contractor and easily dispensible and so should get your head down, do your work, ignore all permie scum whenever, and post on here whenever is possible

-if/when you buy your first flash car, dont park it next to your project manager in the car park

feels strange being so serious, im off to have a bacon butty and coffee

<chef wanders off muttering the world isn't what it used to be>

p.s oh and hi
                Last edited by chef; 7 September 2007, 09:20. Reason: forgot the politeness
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  WTF is going on !!! I thought I was in technical or accouting for a moment
                  40 posts with a newbie asking questions and not one of you has given him any grief !! not even a little bit..You cant tell me that we're actually being nice to all newbies now??
                  what ever happened to:
                  "search the forum before asking stupid questions" (irrelevant if they asked a stupid question or even if they asked a question)
                  :
                  He pressed the right buttons:

Haha! Nearly forgot. I do not have a girlfriend, but I have had plenty of girlfriends that were partial to the odd photographic session!
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Oh dear, and I was just coming back to ask another set of first timer questions!

Maybe I need to start publishing photographs as payment for answers. But then again, I don't want to be chucked off here after 1 day of being a member.

Comment

Working...
                    X