• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German Bomb plot surprise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    Its important to differentiate Islam from Islamism, with the latter being a political interpretation and movement, an ideology rather than just a personal or privately practised religion.

If Dim Prawn had said "I think this proves that Islamism is the evil here, not any particular nation or race."

He would have been correct. The lines are a bit blurry though, even for those who bother reading up about whats going on.
    30% supporting terror suggests otherwise
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      30% supporting terror suggests otherwise
      That suggests that 70% of muslims in this country are moderate Sufi Muslims who are against any form of terrorism, and 30% at least sympathise with Islamist points of view.
      I never said Islamism was followed by a tiny minority. It clearly isn't.
      Those prepared to actually commit acts of terror are however going to be a much smaller number.

Its all down to numbers though, even if only 1% of 2 million Muslims is prepared to commit to or support a terror cell, thats 20,000 people MI5 need to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
        Exactly, its the level of passive support that is so shocking.

Its important to differentiate Islam from Islamism, with the latter being a political interpretation and movement, an ideology rather than just a personal or privately practised religion.

If Dim Prawn had said "I think this proves that Islamism is the evil here, not any particular nation or race."

He would have been correct. The lines are a bit blurry though, even for those who bother reading up about whats going on.
        Yes I think that's a more nuanced analysis than mine. I take your point.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
        X