• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does the ads say about the country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    4- US: Pharmaceutical, drug to cure arthritis, drug to cure incontinent, drug to cure hair loss ect ect, even their beauty products are turned into scientific drug like adds!!
    I noticed this, but each ad alternated with fast food ones like "All You Can Eat! Steak and Shrimp!" or some such gastro fest.

Private Health Care, Gluttony, Drugs, Gluttony, Health Insurance, Gluttony, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      You seem to watch a lot of TV when travelling.

Get out more and meet the locals.

Thanks honey, the countries I listed are the ones I had to live in for a while, i.e. was contracting and had a flat etc.... am not into going out and getting drunk every night, am quite content to have dinner, glass of wine and watch a it of TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        Thanks honey, the countries I listed are the ones I had to live in for a while, i.e. was contracting and had a flat etc.... am not into going out and getting drunk every night, am quite content to have dinner, glass of wine and watch a it of TV.
        No need to justify yourself. It's not like most on here read Plato and write books on proto-Semitic languages and Mozart.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
          No need to justify yourself. It's not like most on here read Plato and write books on proto-Semitic languages and Mozart.
          Agreed.

Was just having a giraffe!

Comment

Working...
          X