• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunch for under £2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Sounds like Stig of the Dump.
    Saxondale?

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I you don't do some work today so will you
      Right, I'm on it!

Comment

Sounds like Stig of the Dump.
        I do wonder myself sometimes.

When his colleague of 20 years left the firm (they work together in a small office, just the two of them) he arranged a leaving do for his mate.

I say arranged in the loosest possible sense.

He rung the other depts in a panic at 5.00 pm and asked us all to come down to say goodbye to John.

So 30 of us all bundle down to the basement, where the 2 guys work.

Stig thanks us for all coming. Says that it's John's last day. And presents him with....A Cadbury's Creme Egg.

You could have heard a pin drop.

One of the most embarassing and saddest goodbyes I have ever witnessed.

(Afterwards someone asked Stig why a Creme Egg. Apparently, they were John's favourite.)
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Not sure if its an urban legend or not, but I hear that if you follow the Hari Krishnas back to their temple when they are out and about, they feed you for free if you listen to them talk about their religion for a bit.

They get to preach, you get to eat.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
            Not sure if its an urban legend or not, but I hear that if you follow the Hari Krishnas back to their temple when they are out and about, they feed you for free if you listen to them talk about their religion for a bit.

They get to preach, you get to eat.
            no need to follow them around. Just go to harekrishna temple ,watford on a sunday and you can have absolutely delicious food at very low prices or sometime free

Comment

Working...
            X