• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with donuts being an american invention, i am happy to use their spelling

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Mad as a mad thing with mad bits on it. Vote with you feet, the best option if you want change in your lifetime.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

www.dunkindonuts.com

donuts?

and your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          They mentioned on the radio this morning that there are now more than a million Brits living permanently in Spain, and there's only 60 million of us in Britain.
          Ahh but are they turning up empty handed? Or are they turning up with hundreds of thousands of pounds to inject into the Spanish economy? You don’t see too many Spaniards complaining about retired couples coming over to take their jobs and claim benefits for their children, I looked into moving to Spain but the only local work would be building or in a bars both of which would be limited if there was no foreign investment.

However a Dutch guy I met who made plenty in IT and retired early on the proceeds reckoned that Spain is about have an IT revolution so I haven't completely ruled out the idea.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Ahh but are they turning up empty handed?
            No, they've usually got a pint of lager in one hand and a cheeseburger in the other.

Comment

No, they've usually got a pint of lager in one hand and a cheeseburger in the other.
              I think you are referring to the chav's on £199 holidays to Benidorm or Lloret de mar, Spain is vast and varied my Dad and stepmother live on an old farm with about 5 acres and a pool, he grows all his own produce and avoids the tourist traps like most discerning expats. It would cost a pretty penny to buy now but when he first went over 15 years ago it would have been about £50k ...I'm not envious honest!
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sadly dang65 is clueless.

He thinks all of Spain is like Benidorm.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Sadly dang65 is clueless.

He thinks all of Spain is like Benidorm.
                  I've only ever been to Barcelona, so I guess that by default I know notheeng. I'm sure the Brits that live in Spain are a great asset to the country and greatly appreciated by the local population. I'm surprised they haven't launched a big publicity campaign to get more of us over there in fact.

Comment

I've only ever been to Barcelona, so I guess that by default I know notheeng. I'm sure the Brits that live in Spain are a great asset to the country and greatly appreciated by the local population. I'm surprised they haven't launched a big publicity campaign to get more of us over there in fact.
                    Can you honestly say you have never had anyone try to sell you property in Spain??? And yes the local population do appreciate the people they rely on for income, I have visited many times and though I don’t regard myself as an expert on the subject having 6 family members living in 3 different areas who all integrate and live the Spanish lifestyle I do think I know more about the subject than someone who took a city break to an area that is almost exclusively inhabited by the indigenous population.

Comment

Yep. They surely have to be very grateful to the British community. And so Thailand.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/arti...456579,00.html
                      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                      X