• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick Question for the Experts: How to check the size of the Temp tablespace Oracle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Richard being a DBA ... explains the dry sense of humour, slightly nontulant air, and amount of time he has to post on here...all makes sense now
    Not quite - I've not seen a post that says "f*** off, I'm busy" or "I'm at lunch, go away"

Or have I just not been reading carefully enough?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Not quite - I've not seen a post that says "f*** off, I'm busy" or "I'm at lunch, go away"

Or have I just not been reading carefully enough?
      Oh they always brighten up the office with their jovial frivolities...heart and soul of the party your average DBA

Comment

shall we make today hug a dba day ?

Milan.

Comment

Thank F*** you lot aren't near SIL4 stuff.

No wonder my bank etc always have the wrong info on me.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Oh they always brighten up the office with their jovial frivolities...heart and soul of the party your average DBA
            DBAs are lovely folk... you bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
              DBAs are lovely folk... you bastard!
              I don't class myself as a DBA, although I do have an OCP in it. Not something I really want to do, but I was fed up of DBAs saying "oh, it's not as simple as that..." or "oh, you can't do that..." without any knowledge for me to say "yes you can".

Some are a joy to work with (two guys here, for example). Some are right b'stards though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You tend to get the polar extremes...either up for a laugh and glad to get their heads out a emacs and the like (seem as they don't like using GUI tools etc.) - or complete arsey tw@ts. Either way normally good for a wind-up

Comment

You tend to get the polar extremes...either up for a laugh and glad to get their heads out a emacs and the like (seem as they don't like using GUI tools etc.) - or complete arsey tw@ts. Either way normally good for a wind-up
                  I find this post highly offensive for DBAs
                  Mods please delete this post

Comment

Working...
                  X