• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    I'm on it. Got quite a lot of connections but then I've been about a bit ... !!

Have had e-mails about possible work because of it, but have had also had calls trying to get business from me because of it (doesn't help that the switchboard will put people straight to me!!)

Hate it when the professional networkers (only got mates in the virtual world) send me invites when I have never heard of them.

Like it when someone I worked with years ago who I liked gets in touch

Windy
    Ditto - I've found some old colleagues who I'd lost touch with, but I've also had lots of junk in there as well.

I do keep it up to date, so that people can see where I am working, and so that people can get hold of me easily. I also have a link to the CV from my blog and website.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
      Is anyone one here a member, I am and have found several old work contacts....its a good way to keep in touch.
      Yes, but there again, I have several identities on there to keep 'friends' apart from each other.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have a profile there - mostly to keep updated on ex-coworkers and the likes.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Yes, but there again, I have several identities on there to keep 'friends' apart from each other.
          You haven't got the hang of this "networking" lark yet, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            What, like Prince Charles and Mohammed Al Fayed?

Comment

Working...
            X