• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best lie you've ever fobbed the users off with???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find an easy excuse, and an old chestnut, is simply to:

blame the networking team !!

always works

poor old networking team get blamed for everything !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I find an easy excuse, and an old chestnut, is simply to:

blame the networking team !!

always works

poor old networking team get blamed for everything !

Milan.
      BigBoss: Why wasn't the backup tape changed yesterday??

Milan: Ermm it's the network teams fault!!!!!!!

BigBoss: *sigh* we've been through this before Milan, if you forget tonight i'll have to let you go.....

Comment

LOL

nice one

Milan.

Comment

Truth:
          Some twunt with far too much access to the live machine noticed we were running a little over 90% on system storage. Decided to run RCLSTG command which them bought the system to it's knees, with users unable to sign in and the interactive subsystem crapping out on a regular basis.

Lies told to users:
          We don't know what's happening, but the machine is running really slow today. We've called IBM and they're looking into it. Try not to log out as you may not get back in again.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It must have been something the last contractor did. It'll take me an extra 3 months to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              It must have been something the last contractor did. It'll take me an extra 3 months to sort it out.
              I like that one! It's up there with a builder's
              'oo put this in then? 'kin cowboys - it'll all have to come out.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X